NT7 Platform problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Platform problems

Well I have have two frustrating problems in my Ninjatrader 7 platform now.

1)When I attempt to start NT7,it begins to start and then there is this error message "Ninjatrader application has stopped working." and it tells me to close the program! I was told by a friend,it has to do with my Workspaces and to delete the file _workspaces.xml and to restart.I tried that and managed to restart NT7 without the errors but when I try again to
    restart the same thing happens!

2)Both my NT 32 bit and NT 64 bit platforms are not showing my new proprietary(3rd party) custom indicators They are not
    showing up in the indicator list.I have been told to try to compile the current indicators and also to try to repair NT7 using 'Programs and
    Features' menu of the Windows Control Panel. I have tried both and the compile shows no errors and Repair is the same.Also I was told to uninstall the
    current version and to try the earlier prior version of Ninjatrader7. Well I did that but am still getting the same problems.When I first imported
    the .zip,it did not indicate any problems and said that Nijatrader succesfully imported all indicators/strategies contained in the Ninjascript
    Archive File.But I have not been able to find them in NT764bit or 32 bit platforms.They do not show up in the Available Indicator List but when I
    try to see if they are in the "Remove Ninjascript Assembly",the indicators dll is there, but the indicators doesn't show in the "Edit Ninjascript"
    indicators list.
    Can you please help me?
    Thank you very much

Hello FuturesRon,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Deleting the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\_workspaces.xml file will cause NinjaTrader to start without any saved workspace loading. Automatically a blank workspace that is not yet saved will be created named Untitled1.
    If you restart without saving, this will start using the previously saved Untitled1.xml workspace. If this is the workspace causing the issue, or if the workspace causing the issue has been re-opened, the behavior will return.

The workspace should be re-built testing for the script that may be causing the issue.
    I recommend that you create a new workspace with a new name like Untitled2 and close all other open workspaces then shut down and restart to ensure the error no longer occurs.
    Then start adding charts and indicators one step at a time. After adding each individual indicator, save the workspace, restart, and test for the behavior.

Indicators that are closed source assembly dll files cannot be edited and will not appear in the Tools -> Edit Ninjascript -> Indicators list.

Are you getting any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center when opening the Indicators window?

Can you remove the indicator using File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly, and then re-import these from the original importable .zip file obtained from the vendor that distributes this?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chelsea B for your reply.
      I tried to create a new workspace and titled it Custom.xml and saved the workspace before exiting.But when I restarted, the same problem occured.
      I believe it was _workspaces.xml that has started this problem.Whenever I delete this workspace and restarted NT7,everything works, but I don't seem
      able to delete it permanently. So I guess the workspaces will have to be re-built.Can you please instruct me on how to do that specifically?
      As for your questions, I checked and no I am not getting any errors in the Log tab whenever I open the Indicators window.
      Also, as instructed by you,I removed the 3rd party Indicator suite,in Remove NinjaScript Assembly.Then I re-imported it from the original importable .zip file.Once again it imported without problems,with the message "Ninjatrader succesfully imported all indicators/strategies contained in the Ninjascript Archive File." And again I cannot find the indicators in the available indicators list.However the log and trace files say they are loaded? Is there a specific reason why Ninjatrader is able to import a zip but the indicators are not showing in the Indicator list?
      Thank you Chelsea

Comment

Hello FuturesRon,
        We removed your log and trace files from the public forum as they contain a lot of personal information that we don't want just anyone stumbling across.

I would like to see the issues you are experiencing first hand and help resolve them. Please contact Platform Support ([email protected]) and reference [Ticket #2305503] and [ATTN Jonathan Wullstein] in the subject

Additionally, to better help me answer your inquiry, please answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
        • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
        • Were these simulated or live trades? If live, who is your broker?
        • When did this most recently occur?
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        Jonathan W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jonathan.I will do what you require.
          Last edited by FuturesRon; 10-16-2019, 06:36 AM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post FAQtrader  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
          5 responses