Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do i bring up a chart using my saved Workspace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i bring up a chart using my saved Workspace?

New to NT 8
    I have a saved workspace but when I click on it I do not get the chart to update with those settings?. Nothing happens when I click on the saved workspace.
    Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 8 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to the Control Center -> Workspaces -> Click on the workspace you want to open. If you're not sure what this list means and how to tell if a workspace is open, in view, or closed, please visit the following help guide link:

If this does not resolve the symptom, try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
    1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
    2. Select "Restore workspace"
    3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
    4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
    5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover

Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:

Alternately, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently. Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive:
    1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item
    2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
    3. Press the "Restore" button
    4. Select the items you wish to restore

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide:

To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows:
    1. To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 8
    2. Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
    3. See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
    4. If not, you will need to recreate your workspace

Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list. You will need to exclude the following directories:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8
    • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8

Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Melissa. I could not find when I searched originally.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Melissa View Post
        Hello,

Thank you for your post.

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 8 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to the Control Center -> Workspaces -> Click on the workspace you want to open. If you're not sure what this list means and how to tell if a workspace is open, in view, or closed, please visit the following help guide link:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...paces_menu.htm

If this does not resolve the symptom, try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
        1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
        2. Select "Restore workspace"
        3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
        4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
        5. Double click the folder of the applinked apk you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover

Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...storeworkspace

Alternately, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently. Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive:
        1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item
        2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
        3. Press the "Restore" button
        4. Select the items you wish to restore

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...p__restore.htm

To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows:
        1. To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 8
        2. Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
        3. See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
        4. If not, you will need to recreate your workspace

Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list. You will need to exclude the following directories:
        • C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8
        • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8

Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Thanks a lot for this
        Last edited by hogwarts10; 07-21-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Hello everybody

I am new on NT8

I am trying to create a workspace for S&P and NASDAQ , it show me up the chart EMPTY
          in both situation :the current chart or the chart with past date, Even though a use the option "Load historical data"....failed anyway

Please ...if somebody can help me on that.
          Last edited by alberto56; 11-03-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Hello alberto56,

Thank you for your post.

Please send us your log and trace files so that we may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2312342 ATTN Melissa

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
            Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
            0 responses