Stop order on server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop order on server

to my knowledge when I place an order with the ATM the stops and even the profits stay on the server so I don't have to worry if internet goes down.
    What about with managed and non-managed methods?
    Thank you!

Hello giogio1,

This will depend on the broker you are connected to and the order state. I have provided a link below to our Support Forum that goes over Where Orders Reside.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349

The ATM functionality is held locally on your PC therefore if your entry order is filled while disconnected the Stop Loss and Profit Target will not be submitted. Also Stop Strategy functionality such as the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail is held locally on your PC as well.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Christopher , The list is very useful.
      I may misunderstand so I need to clarify.
      Specific to the continuum and trading futures - with the ATM once the entry is filled and OSO is activated, are the stop on the conitinuum servers? and managed or unmanaged orders?
      My understanding is that once the stop order is accepted it resides on the server. correct, or when is working?

PS. Any chance to change the tile of this thread so other people can be helped in the future (I mystyped Stop into Sop)?

Comment

Correct if the order is Accepted or in a Working state with Continuum these orders are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Continuum servers. You can view the State of orders within the Orders tab of the Control Center.

All automated order modification is held locally on your PC as opposed to server side.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Irukandji  
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes