eSignal ATI to Patsystems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal ATI to Patsystems

I have been running on Sim accounts for months without a problem. Tried first trade to active cash account and got the above error message. Why would a price be required for a market order?

My dll.addfunction("Command".....) is unchanged from NT downloaded code.

My buy market function is:

function NTBuyMarket(vNinjaAccount, orderId, quantity, NinjaStrategy,vStrategyID)

{ return NTCommand("Place", vNinjaAccount, "Buy", quantity, "Market", 0,0, "GTC", "" orderId, NinjaStrategy, vStrategyID); }

My function call is:

NTBuyMarket(vNinjaAccount, "", vLotsIn, NinjaStrategy, vStrategyID);

This code has worked perfectly on simulator for months as I said. What is different with Patsystems live cash account?

Thanks in advance.

imported post

That is a limitation of Patsystems. They require a market data stream to be present before one can place an order. Try opening a DOM or just select the market you wish to trade in the order panel, that will do the trick.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I opened a new DOM...the DOM border is grey instead of the dark blue border like the sim acct DOMs...

I selected my cash account andnote that I am able to place a limit buy below the market without rejection...

Waiting for eSignal to trigger and ATI trade.

Can this problem have anything to do with my NT being connected to Patsystems while my trades are being triggered from eSignal?

On another matter, should I select eSignal as my secondary data feed in setup?

Thanks

Comment

imported post

Same error message....Price Required

Comment

imported post

Lets do this.

Uninstall NT
          Manually remove the file C:\Windows\System32\NtDirect.dll if it exists
          Restart
          Download latest NT
          Install
          Copy over the NTSample in the \NinjaTrader Install Folder\bin\AutoTrade overto your eSignal folder, overwrite the prior NTSample

This makes sure you are using the latest version that I am where I just confirmed correct operation.

Start NT, connect to a live feed and enabled ATI, make sure default account under Options is Sim101
          Open eSignal, open a chart for ES U6 on 1 minute bar.
          Open EFS output window.
          Apply NTSample to the chart.

Does this work? If yes, then start from there. This works as expected here.

Comment

imported post

Followed instruction to the letter.

Initially got error message "No market data available. Affected Order: Buy 1 Market" with all zeros in the efs debug window.

Two minutes later got the proper output....entry price, etc....

Thanks Ray. I will work from there.

For my own interest, what was likely the problem?....corrupt .dll file?

Comment

imported post

Likely outdated DLL file.

Comment

imported post

Below post applies to NTSample.efs not working for AB and also may be related to problem of accessing Patsystems cash account....still working on that one.

"It would appear the problem was symbol mapping rather than the .dll file.

For some reason, ES U6 maps from eSignal to NT as ES2 09-06 without a problem and therefore NTSample.efs works fine for the ES. If you change the symbol in the chart to AB U6, you get all zeros (OR it shows some of the previous values for ES U6 if you ran the chart first on ES).

I added the function snippet provided in an earlier post as follows:

// symbol mapping workaround....
                function getMySymbol()
                {
                vTicker= getSymbol();
                if (vTicker== "AB U6")
                vTicker= "ER2 09-06";
                return vTicker;
                }

Then change the code in all the relevant functions from getSymbol() to getMySymbol() and it works fine. Every time you Reload NTSample.efs, it buys another lot and updates the debug info.

Suggest NT might add the above function and function changes to NTSample.efs; or document that NTSample.efs will only work for ES. Need to change above function code for dates of course.

I am curious to know why NTSample.efs only worksAS ISfor the ES, since ES is not referenced anywhere in the code. Anybody?"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post XXtrader