Failed to verify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to verify

Good morning. NT couldn't verify this morning. I have rebooted modem and router, and disabled firewall to no avail. I look forward to your expert help. Thanks. Scott

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you also reboot your PC after power cycling your router/modem?

Comment

Yep, rebooted the computer a couple times, I use Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit, and NT 64 bit 7.0 1000.37.

Comment

There is currently no downtime with our licensing servers, so we need to identify what is causing this issue on your PC or in the path between your PC and our servers.

Are all Windows important updates installed? Please check for, download, and install all Windows important updates. Keep checking for Windows updates until there are no important updates remaining.

What virus protection/firewall/automated back up software do you have installed on your PC?

Have you spoken you your ISP regarding your inability to connect? Perhaps there is some troubleshooting they could perform on their end.

Here is some general connectivity troubleshooting we recommend when this occurs (I realize you've already performed some of these steps):
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
        • Restart your PC
        • Clear your DNS - Open the Command Prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
        • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
        • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder.
        • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Additionally, I see you're one version behind. Please follow the steps below to install the most recent version of NinjaTrader 7 (7.0.1000.38):
        • Copy your license key from within NinjaTrader. You can find your key in the Control Center > Help > License Key. (We'll need this to download NinjaTrader)
        • Close all running applications.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your machine.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
        • http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

After you upgrade, open NinjaTrader and reset your instruments:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Comment

Thanks, Patrick......lots to do.

Comment

Hi Patrick. Tried installing NT twice now, but failed to download. Previously to deleting NT I ran backup and saved all windows in templates. NT told me failed to compile........I sure pray I have not deleted everything. Anyway, NT is downloaded but will not install. Thanks for your help. Scott

Comment

OK.....NT7 has now been installed. I am starting to breathe a bit....

Comment

NT7 still won't open. still says firewall problem or an internet problem.

Comment

OK....I have Control Panel and am now starting to follow the last part of your initial instructions

Comment

Finished your last instructions with no luck. Everything worked well last night......Within the Windows firewall, NT is allowed.

Comment

Whew...I can breathe, indicators and workspaces are still there. I imagine you knew this all along. So now we are back to original problem. I can't be verified when I open up NT. BUT I just looked at NT version and I have the old one - 37. So that one was able to load but not the newer version. I guess I will need to start over.

Comment

OK....installer for version.37 works but not for version .38.

Comment

Please clarify the following:

You chose to follow the upgrade steps before following any of the connectivity troubleshooting steps? Which of the connectivity troubleshooting steps have been completed?

When you say the R37 installer works but the R38 installer doesn't, what does that mean exactly? Does an error appear? If so, what does it report?

Was NinjaTrader running when you ran the installer?

Comment

I followed all of the connectivity steps except for contacting the ISP provider. I am assuming there is no problem since the internet speed is normal and has not changed since yesterday. Perhaps there is more to it than I understand. When NT 38 failed to install, I went back to see if 37 would install and it did. I then deleted 37 again and tried to install 38 unsuccessfully. The setup file is 285 KB and when I try to open it, I get "Failed to download NinjaTrader"

Comment

I don't believe Ninjatrader was running when I ran the installer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick