ATM strategy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM strategy..

Hi I am new so excuse my stupidity. I have looked at the videos but still dont get exactly how to build this strategy.

I want to buy 4 ES contracts, and stop all 4 minus 5 ticks.

I want to sell 2 of the 4 plus 2 ticks and move my stop up to -2 ticks on the other two when I am filled.

Then I would like to sell 1 contract plus 4 ticks and move my stop on the last contract up to breakeven and offer the last contract up 16 ticks..

It is probally simple(hopefully) but I am not getting it. Thanks

Please setup your ATM strategy as follows:

Order qty: 4

Target 1
    Order quantity: 2
    Stop loss: 5
    Profit target: 2

Target 2
    Order quantity: 1
    Profit target: 4

Auto Breakeven
    Profit trigger: 2
    Plus: -2

Target 3
    Order quantity: 1
    Profit target: 16

Auto Breakeven
    Profit trigger: 2
    Plus: -2

AutoTrail
    Step1
    Stop loss: 4
    Frequency: 99
    Profit trigger: 4
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATM strategies.

Hi,

Thanks very much Jason. That has worked.

In the interest of understanding can I ask. The first Auto breakeven setting-is that overriding the stop settings under target two basically(Stop Loss 5) and making the breakeven stop -2 ticks after the first fill. Also is the stop adjusted by fill or by price. I assume by fills but I just want to confirm..

Then I put the same setting for Auto stop under Target 3-per your instructions- but add the Auto trail setting. So is Auto trail overriding the
      Stop Loss of 5 under Target 3 and also the Auto breakeven setting of -2.
      And is the 99 number meaning it wouldnt adjust until 99 ticks are traded. So basically you are just putting the Auto Trail so far away it wont adjust. And what it means is that the stop loss is 4 after a four tick profit.

Again, apologies but I am new and just want to grasp the methodology , which I am having some problem doing. Thanks again

Comment

I have set the stop loss for each target for 5 ticks below the entry price as indicated. The Auto Breakeven will cause the stop losses of target 2 and 3 to modify to 2 ticks behind the entry price when you have 2 ticks in profit, which will also close the two orders under target 1.

I used a high value for frequency, so the AutoTrail will only trigger once. If you would enter a value of 1, the AutoTrail re-adjusts on every additional tick in profit. The value of 4 next to stop loss in the AutoTrail means as soon as you have 4 ticks in profit (profit trigger) the stop loss will be adjusted to 4 ticks behind the current market price.

We provide free online training events that demonstrate these functionalities. You can find a schedule at the link below.

Comment

Atm Strategies

Hi,

i have the strategy set up as you suggested. However it has happened twice that the market has traded the first profit target, I have not been filled and the stop price has been adjusted. it has happened on both the Sim and live trading. Not sure what I have to do to avoid this. Thanks

D Fitzpatrick

Comment

I suggest to increase the profit trigger of the stop loss by one. The stop loss will adjust when the profit target is filled.

Unfortunately, it can occur the market touches your profit target price, but since the market moves down and there were other orders in the waiting line before your order, your profit target was not filled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post gravdigaz6  
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes