Missing / Not Displaying Level 2 Data for CL 01-20 CQG connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing / Not Displaying Level 2 Data for CL 01-20 CQG connection

Hi, I am using CQG data with Ninjatrader. Since Monday the level 2 data for crude oil CL 01-20 contract is not displaying properly, the 20 plus levels of Bid and Offer is blank after flashing some data for the first few seconds, . But Level 2 data for other CL contracts like CL 02-20 is fine. Level 2 data for other instruments such as ES or NQ are also working fine. There have been no changes on my end. Can you have a look at instrument CL 01-20 Level 2 data.

So same chart, or a new chart - Level 2 Bids & Offers for CL01-20 does not display, only for fist couple of seconds there is partial data. All other instruments on the same / new charts show Level 2 data.

CQG said all data on their end was fine and to contact Ninjatrader

Thank you

I am able to view all available level II data for CL 01-20 when connected to a CQG-based feed on my end. We'll need to learn more to determine why this is occurring on your end.

You mention that you're viewing this data on a chart. Could you elaborate how you're viewing level II data on a chart?

As a test, do you notice the same symptom in a SuperDOM?

Comment

Hi Patrick, thank you for the tips. I can see all the level 2 data on the Super DOM, Im using NT7

The chart uses Eds Level II indicator https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use.../eds-level-ii/

Can you do a test with CL 01-20 and CL 02-20 for me. CL 02-20 works fine and up until Friday CL 01-20 was also working fine. I am in Adelaide Australia so I dont know it there could be a issue with a particular server?

Thanks again for looking into this.

* I Tried to download EdsLevel2 Indicator NT8 https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indicator-nt8/ to test it on NT8, but I cannot download the indicator. It gets stuck at the little green waiting circle?

Comment

I may have narrowed down the problem, it seems when adjusting the RHS scale on the chart, the Level II indicator (Its Eds one)for CL 01-20 gives an error " Error on plotting indicator'DTM'. Please check the 'OnBarUpdate' or the 'Plot' method: Overflow error. - This on NT7 Log.

Strange to say the least, I have used this indicator for 8 years and this is the first time I have seen this strange occurrence. Probably just have to wait for CL 01-20 to rollover
        Last edited by Brutus; 12-12-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

I agree - it seems to be unique to the CL 01-20 for some reason. Unfortunately since this is a custom add-on we don't have any way to 'fix' the symptom. Waiting for the rollover is one 'solution', but you may also want to contact the developer of the add-on to see if they may implemented a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            I agree - it seems to be unique to the CL 01-20 for some reason. Unfortunately since this is a custom add-on we don't have any way to 'fix' the symptom. Waiting for the rollover is one 'solution', but you may also want to contact the developer of the add-on to see if they may implemented a fix.
            Thanks, can you also have a look at this, why the Ninjatrader ecosystem is not doing downloads?

* I Tried to download EdsLevel2 Indicator NT8https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indicator-nt8/ to test it on NT8, but I cannot download the indicator. It gets stuck at the little green waiting circle?

Comment

I can download this indicator without issue. This means the symptom is either local to your PC or possibly a regional issue. I'd suggest clearing your browser's cache and/or using a different browser as a first step.

I've attached the indicator for you use.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
              Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

I agree - it seems to be unique to the CL 01-20 for some reason.

​I am a programmer, now working at mytoyamz, good at programming, software development
                  Last edited by donwynne; 09-15-2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post maybeimnotrader