NT7 crashing when I try to connect it to data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 crashing when I try to connect it to data

So I logged onto NT7 today to do some back-testing on historical data like usually do, and for some reason when I try and connect my account to data (via FXCM Demo) NT7 crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but for some reason it keeps happening. I have gone ahead and attached the log and trace files to this post. I appreciate your time, thank you.

Hello Matthew Spositi,

I have removed the log and trace files from your post.

Please do not post any private information such as your phone number, email address, physical address, or log and trace files to the forum.

Please send the log and trace to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] if you would like our technicians to review these.

In the meantime, something in the workspace could be causing the crashing.

Please try starting without a saved workspace.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for the issue.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ohhhh sorry about that, I don't know what I was thinking. Thank you for removing the attached files. So I did what you suggested and unfortunately I'm still have the same issue, where NT7 starts up fine, but when I try and connect it to data NT7 crashes.

Comment

Hello Matthew,

Could you let us know if you are seeing the same behavior after moving your Documents\NinjaTrader 7\Config.xml to a safe place on your desktop and reconfiguring the connection? (Please move this file only when the platform is closed.) This would indicate an issue in the Config.xml file that is causing the crashing on connect.

If issues persist, I would recommend testing in a clean environment to troubleshoot any installation issues.

Clean environment test:

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 7" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 7 OLD"
        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        3. Set up the connection in the clean environment and test for issues.
        If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 7" folder to "NinjaTrader 7 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 7 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 7." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 7 will always load the "NinjaTrader 7" folder in My Documents.

If we are still encountering issues, please reach out to me at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 2361441" and a link to this thread so I can assist you more closely.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Mizzouman1  
        Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
        6 responses