adding vwap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding vwap

new member here - just got the lifetime license so trying to learn the platform - How do I add the vwap indicator? I am running NT7 - thank you

Are you referring to the Order Flow+ VWAP indicator? If so, this would require the use of NinjaTrader 8 as NinjaTrader 7 does not have the Order Flow+ suite of tools.

I would recommend downloading NinjaTrader 8 if you want to be able to use the Order Flow+ tools and haven't invested much time learning NinjaTrader 7 yet.

If you'd like to stick with NinjaTrader 7, I was able to find some other VWAP indicators available here on the forums:
    Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To Import
    • Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    • From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
    • Select the downloaded .zip file
    • NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
    • Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Are you referring to the Order Flow+ VWAP indicator? If so, this would require the use of NinjaTrader 8 as NinjaTrader 7 does not have the Order Flow+ suite of tools.

I would recommend downloading NinjaTrader 8 if you want to be able to use the Order Flow+ tools and haven't invested much time learning NinjaTrader 7 yet.

If you'd like to stick with NinjaTrader 7, I was able to find some other VWAP indicators available here on the forums:
      Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To Import
      • Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
      • From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
      • Select the downloaded .zip file
      • NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
      • Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
      • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

I am just looking for the standard VWAP indicator - it is not on the list - can\t upgrade to NT8 yet bc a certain indicator I am using is not available for it yet...

Comment

The search I provided is in alphabetical order. If you scroll down towards the bottom of the results, you'll see an indicator named 'VWAP' for NinjaTrader 7. Here is a direct link:

If this indicator doesn't meet your needs, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and we may be able to find a solution for you from a vendor.

Comment

!vwap

NT7 doesn't have built-in VWAP, import this one. Note: it will show on top of indicator list as !VWAP
          Attached Files

Comment

nkhoi, thanks for the NT7 VWAP indie. It's great. Is it possible for anyone to add a parameter for a third standard deviation in this indicator in post #5. TIA.

Comment

Hello radist,

This thread will remain open for anyone who would like to make this changes at your request as a convenience to you.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort  
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
              5 responses