Collapse

NT 6.5 hangs on multiple orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will have a few other people in our team try to reproduce so that we can determine what may be happening. If we are unable to reproduce then we will leave this case open in hopes that if more reports of this nature comes in we will be able to isolate the cause of this.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I always have one of my other pc´s ready as backup with NT opened and ready to connect. What would happen when during live trading, NT freezes, could I immediately login to NT with my backup-pc?

I just tried to reproduce the situation myself and see if I can login through the backup-pc when a freezeup occurs, strangely enough, NT is working fine now. I did shut down my virus-scanner (avira free antivirus) and turn off the windows-firewall, could it have anything to do with that? Market is also slower right now...

Edit: tried to reproduce freezeup with firewall and antivirus activated, still can´t reproduce...so I strongly suspect it has to do with extreme volume and volatility.
      Last edited by ranger64; 10-08-2008, 11:25 AM.

Comment

If you lost connection with your broker during the freeze, you can login to NinjaTrader and connect to your broker on your backup PC.

These applications could be related, however I am not sure. I suggest to check again tomorrow with the applications closed from the beginning and check if the freeze up recurs.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Several freeze-ups again today with virus-scanner/firewall turned off and with virus-scanner/firewall turned on. Freeze-ups during slow market and fast market. I just hope this maybe has something to do with simulation mode and won´t happen during live trading...

Comment

How many workspaces are listed when you go to File--> Workspaces--> Close?

If you have two many open in the backgraound it can slow performance.

Also have you tried reseting your simulator? Tools--> Options--> SImulator?
            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please have a look at my other posts. I have a brand new additional pc only for ninja trade execution, no charts open, only one workspace, one superdom, no other programs running, and yes, I reset the simulator several times.

Comment

Hi Ranger64,

Its unfortunate that you are experience poor performance, apart from the link that Jessica provided for performance improvements, we are out of ideas on what may the root cause of your specific situation. I do wish this was not the case.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have been away and will attempt to fill in the blanks that may be the difference in outcomes, at least from my perspective. I am in the same boat as Ranger64- bought a brand new computer to solely run NT. The computer is dual core laptop, 4 gigs of RAM, but running 64 bit Vista, which very well might be the cause of the glitch. If not, it could be the difference in order placement as described below: It appears that what NT Jason was trying was placing limit orders above or below the market, and getting fills as price traded through without experiencing any hangs. What I am doing on the Sim 101 account that causes the hangs is buying/selling at market, not placing limits and waiting for a fill. I have had the hang happen when using the buy/sell market buttons on a static SuperDom, or by clicking above/below the market to get an instant fill. For example if I trade a 5 lot and average into a position at a potential turning point, as the price consolidates and I feel that the market is turning, I heavily add orders in the manner described above, in five lot increments- I will get the hang either on the placement of one of these orders, or when the stop/target is reached. To reproduce exactly what I am talking about (not that this is a viable real world method per se), click above the market to buy at market quickly, SEVERAL TIMES PER SECOND, and the chances of the hang are greatly increased. In this scenario, I am using a one stop, one target strategy that adds the existing orders to the current stop and target versus creating different price points. If there is any other information that would be helpful let me know.

Comment

Unfortunately, NinjaTrader is not supported on 64 bit OS; this will be supported with NinjaTrader 7.

I suggest to test your scenario on a PC with a 32 bit OS and check if the issue persists.

Note, I tried using market orders as well, but NinjaTrader did not lock up.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                    0 responses