NT 6.5 hangs on multiple orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5 hangs on multiple orders

I have had this experience on an underpowered XP machine as well as with a brand new machine with 4 gigs of rams. This issue is with the Zenfire feed. If I scale in or out of position, adding or removing contracts in quick succession (for example buying by clicking above the market on a superDOM repeatedly), NT locks/hangs. This will happen with just a single DOM open and a single 1 min chart of the ES. No indicators at all as I use NT purely as an order entry platform. The hang can happen on the entry or exit, either manually or with a target strategy. When using a simple target strategy, where the target is hit and the NT voice stutters (which is suspect is not unusual) trying to keep up with the order execution, then may freezes on the trade exit. No indication via the task manager that NT is stuck although the only way to shut it down is through the task manager. This issue is repeatable and I can force it at any time by simply placing orders rapidly. I have adjusted NT platform per the performance recommendations to no avail on this issue. Please advise.

Hello Locopelli,

Could you please tell me if NinjaTrader freezes if you perform the same steps upon trading the sim101 account. I tested this on my end using the sim101 account and NinjaTrader did not freeze.

I would like to verify if this only occurs upon trading live or also in simulation on your end.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason my apologies- this hang issue is occurring w/ the Sim101 account, not a live account. I am testing the NT platform prior to going live next week. Obviously, this is a concern for me because if it happens with my live account, it would be extremely problematic. I appreciate your insight on this issue.

Comment

Please take a look at the following link, which will provide you helpful instructions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader and prevent lock ups.

Try a few tips and check if this will make a difference.

Comment

i have exactly the same problem as described here. i checked your instructions for improving the performance of nt, i even bought a brand new additional pc only for order execution through nt, no other programs running, but nt simulation still freezes when entering many orders rapidly.
          i´ve been trading successfully for several years and just switched to ninja/zenfire, plan to go live this week. i really hope these problems only occur with the simulation account...or does it have anything to do with the extraordinary volume and volatility of the markets we are experiencing these days?

Comment

This could be related due to the extreme volatility lately. Upon submitting many orders in a short time period during extreme high volatility this behavior can occur.

Comment

Jason- as per my original post, I have optimized NT as recommended in the performance tips to no avail. The only volatility issue that affects the outcome is how many orders I place and has nothing to do with the market internals. This issue is 85% reproducible by simply rapidly placing twenty plus same side orders by clicking above/below the market in the Superdom- NT will hang either on placing one of those orders, or when the shared stop or target is hit for those orders. I realize there are other ways to enter the market rather than placing that many multiple orders, however the point is the NT platform should be able to handle it without choking. I suspect that anybody that test this as described will encounter the same issue more than half the time. I appreciate your insight on this topic.

Comment

Hello Locopelli,

I tested some more on my end, but I could not reproduce the freeze of NinjaTrader.

I placed a market order with an ATM strategy attached, which got filled. I submitted 20 plus limit orders in the buy column and all worked as expected. I tried this 3 times.

Could you please provide me exact steps you take on your end to try and reproduce this behavior on my end.

Provide as much information as possible; DOM property settings, any other opened windows in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by Locopelli View Post
                  This issue is 85% reproducible by simply rapidly placing twenty plus same side orders by clicking above/below the market in the Superdom- NT will hang either on placing one of those orders, or when the shared stop or target is hit for those orders.
                  same problem again today trading in simulation. nt froze 3 times, only way to exit was through the taskmanager. i also have to reset the simulation, because when i reopen nt, there are pending orders that can´t be closed.

Comment

Hello ranger64,

Could you please provide me exact steps to try and reproduce this on my end. Please tell me what instrument you used, how you entered the market and how many additional orders you submitted.

Comment

I enter the market with an atm strategy (limit order) and simply click in the dom several times very fast (10, 20, 30 times, scale in property is set to 1) scaling in and increasing my position. I trade the dow mini (ym).

Comment

It happened again just now. I entered short through an atm-strategy (4 contracts) and quickly increased my size, nt froze when my position size reached 16 contracts (ym).

Comment

Freezes again. Only 7 contracts this time.

Comment

Hello ranger64,

I tested once more and NinjaTrader did not freeze up on my end. I entered the market using a limit order (order qty = 4) with an ATM strategy attached. It got filled.

I submitted 20 plus limit orders (all order qty = 4), but NinjaTrader did not freeze up. It filled each additional limit order when the market touched the price.

I tried again with limit orders on both side of the market.

I tried with submittting more than 50 additional limit orders once in a position.

I can not reproduce the freeze up.

Can you please ensure your PC rsources meet the minimum requirements listed at the link below.

I suggest to test this on a different PC and check if this will make a difference.

Comment

I had the same problem running nt on one of my old pc´s when i first tested nt last year.
                              I opened an account with Mirus about two weeks ago and bought an additional new pc only for order execution, there are absolutely no other programs running on this pc. It has 3 gb ram, intel core2duo e8400 cpu, windows xp.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view