ATM strategy position trade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM strategy position trade question

1. If I put on a ATM strategy trade during the day at my trading office, say for example, one long ES with a 160 tick SL and a 160 tick TP as a position trade and then close NT for the night and return to trade the next day, will the ATM strategy still be active? I believe the ATM resides on the PC and not at the exchange, so perhaps the answer is yes? If yes, I can then trade other ES ATM trades without effecting the original long position trade, correct?

2. Same question but in this case I do NOT close NT but leave the application running 24 hours and experience a connection loss and automatic reconnection,will I lose the ATM strategy?

3. If the answer to #1 is "yes" the ATM strategy will still be active despite a application restart, then I should be able to log onto NT from my home computer in the evening and close out this open position. The ATM position will not be associated with the home PC, but I should still be able to close out this trade, correct? Or call my broker to short one ES to get me flat.

1. The location of the order depends on the order status displayed State-column in the Orders-tab of the Control Center. More information can be found at the link below.

You can trade other ES ATM strategies. However, I highly recommend to take a look at the link below, which will provide you information regarding the ATM strategy selection mode.

2. No

3. If you are in a position, meaning the entry order is filled, your ATM strategy is not located on your PC anymore. Once your entry order fills your stop loss and profit target are triggered and the location depends on the order status.

In this scenario, you can log into NinjaTrader from home and you will see your position and your ATM strategy providing your stop loss and profit target are accepted at the exchange.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes