Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annotations on charts disappear

Hello,

This monday when I open my workspace all annotations (lines, remark words, etc...) are disappeared. Could anybody give some solutions? Is the problem due to the windows10 update or NT7 update?

The issue happened on two computers at two separated networks, so the hardware problem can be ruled out.

Look forward to your reply.

Hello skyjam,

Thank you for your post.

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 7 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to File> Workspaces> Open

If this does not resolve this, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently.

Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive.
    • From within the Control Center window select the File menu. Then select the menu Utilities and the Restore... menu item
    • Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
    • Press the "Open" button

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.
    If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows
    • To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 7
    • Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
    • See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
    • If not, you will need to recreate your workspace

To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by going to File> Exit or selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list.

You will need to exclude the following directories.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7

(My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7

Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Marco,

Thanks for your reply.

I always backup workspaces folder because sometimes i need to transfer the workspace from one computer to another (i just simply copy/overwrite the folder with the newer one). This way worked successfully last year.

But from this Monday, I lost all annotations (the custom indicators are fine). It seems NT7 cannot read the xml file properly...

Kr,
      Kanjun

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2389262 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Marco,

Thanks for mentioning checking the log file. It's the "removed objects older than 20 days" problem. After modifying the xml LastSeen item, the annotaions are back.

Kr,
          Kanjun

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
          14 responses