very basic custom indicator is blank on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very basic custom indicator is blank on chart

downloaded nt7 on new computer custom indicators are blank on charts. Even very very basic Custom indicator is blank but yet exact copy work perfect on old computer. example Plot0.Set(High[0]-High[1]);

Hello kudos,

Thanks for your post.

Could you clarify if you are seeing these symptoms when using the test indicator I have attached?

Do you see any errors on screen or in the Log tab of the Control Center? Indicators that error out will have errors listed here.

Can you confirm that you are connected to your data provider when testing and that the indicators are not trying to load expired data? For example, are any of these multi time frame indicators that may be referencing an expired contract month?

Could you also attach a screenshot of an affected chart?

I look forward to your reply.
    Attached Files
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jim

The simple test works but when I change it to Close[1] it is blank. I am unable to get a screen shot but I do get an error message on log stating " Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' for bar0 .You are accessing and index with a value that is invalid since it is out of range.. I am also getting another error stating " CQG Adapter SubscribeMarketDataResolve; F.US.NQMQ15 could not be resolved. All data is updating properly.

Comment

Hello kudos,

You will need to make sure that the script has processed X number of bars before you can reference X number of Bars Ago. Please see below.

The second error looks like you are trying to load an old contract month for NQ. The test script does not add any additional data, so this would be seen from a script that adds additional data or on a chart that is loading the expired contract period. Please test against the current contract month "NQ 03-20" and please also ensure that there is no data being added for an expired contract month in the script that is throwing this error.

Reference for Multi Time Frame NinjaScripts is included below.

We look forward to being o0f further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Jim

I changed the data series day to load to 3 and all the indicators now work. I still am getting the CGQ error I went into tools> options>data and changed it to Do not merge but am still getting the error in log.

Comment

Hello kudos,

The error is seen when NinjaTrader is trying to load an expired contract. Something on your workspace would be doing so. I would recommend to first use the Control Center's Tools > Options > Database Management > Rollover button to rollover expired contracts. Save your workspaces after doing so.

If the issue persists, I would then suggest to look into the indicators that are added in your workspace in case one of them is trying to add an expired contract. You can save copies of your workspace, remove a group of indicators, save that workspace, and test to hit the issue with the test workspace. Once the error is no longer seen, you will know which group of indicators brings the error, and can test those indicators individually.

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17