How to see item number order limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to see item number order limit?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I hope to write in the right place. I use the ninjatrader 7 free and I wanted to know if there was a way to see how many lots I have before me when I place a limit order. Thanks so much!

Hi jukilo2000, thanks for your note. Welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

The quantity can be viewed from either the Chart Trader or SuperDOM. There is a Quantity setting for every order entry window in NinjaTrader, the most commonly used ones being Chart Trader or the SuperDOM.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Maybe I explained myself wrong, for this reason I attach a photo. Once the limit order has been entered as seen in the photo, I would like to know how many lots I have before I run it. Is there any way? Thanks so much

Comment

The quantity of the order in your screenshot is the number 1 in green to the left of the blue 'LMT' marker. This indicates that this order is for 1 quantity. If this still does not answer your question, please clarify what "I would like to know how many lots I have before I run it." means exactly.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes I understand that I have entered 1 lot that is waiting to be run, but I would like to know how many lots I have before me before being run. Example: in the case in the photo there are 79 lots at level 3236, how do you visualize if I have 70, 30 or 20 in front of it before being executed? I hope I explained myself. Thanks so much

Comment

Just to be clear, I believe when you use the word 'run' you're meaning 'fill'. In other words, when a resting order executes, it fills and enters you into a position (assuming you were flat to begin with).

So, what I believe you're asking is to know you're average position in queue. In other words, how many orders are 'in front' of your order and will be filled before your order. Unfortunately this cannot be known for certain since not all orders appear in the data and there is no tool for estimating your position in the queue in NinjaTrader 7.

In NinjaTrader 8, there is an 'APQ' column that can be added to the SuperDOM. Here is an example of this in NinjaTrader 8:

Comment

That's right, I meant the APQ. I know it's indicative, but it gives you an idea of ​​how many lots you have before you. So in NinjaTrader 8 it is available while in NinjaTrader 7 it is not. I wanted to know this, thank you so much for your patience!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
              20 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder
              by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes