Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Queries.

Hi

Currently I am trying out the NinjaTrader platform which I am interested to use with my IB account. Can you please help me out with the following queries?

1. If I start trading live with NT will I automatically be paying the SuperDom fee for every trade I make even though I might not be using the SuperDom technology?
    2. I will be trading Forex. Is the SuperDom fee $2 per Forex trade? Or is the fee based on the trade size?
    3. Can I enter in a trade manually with a market order and then set an advanced automated stop and profit taking strategy to the same trade.
    4. Can I use a trail stop based on Moving Averages or ATR on the last portion of the position?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards.

Hello Scooter1,

1. You will only pay for TT fees upon using the Static SuperDOM to trade live. IB does not collect these fees for you, so you would need to purchase TT credits yourself at the link below.

2. Please see the link below for TT fees.

However, forex instruments can't be traded in the Static SuperDOM.

3. Yes, this is possible upon using an ATM strategy. More information can be found at the following link.

4. This is possible upon creating a custom automated strategy using NinjaScript. Please see the link below for more information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

Re Question 4. I am not a programmer. Will I be able to set trail stops based on ATR and MAs with the ready made point and click menus supplied by the Ninja Script to non programmers? Or will I need to contact a programmer?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards

Comment

You would need to contact a programmer. Unfortunately, such an automated strategy cannot be created using the Strategy Wizard.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader Jason,

I am still trying to find a way on how to place an Advanced Trade Management Strategy after having already opened a market order position. Can I place an Advanced Trade Management Strategy to take care of my stops, profit target and trail stops after having already opened a position with a market order? If it is not available can this be programmed as well?
          Thanks for your patience.
          Best regards

Comment

Unfortunately, this is not supported. However, you can protect a naked position with a stop loss and profit target a different manner. Please see the instructions at the link below.

Comment

Can a programmer program this feature for me?
              Thanks.

Comment

They will be able to program such a functionality using an automated strategy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno
                by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                6 responses