How to avoid Mail queue overflow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to avoid Mail queue overflow ?

I'm running several sims, each for every stock of 20. I've set that when the stock market opens at 9:30, I need to receive certain info through an email from the simulation. The problem is that at 9:30 am, every sim begins at the same time, therefore all 20 or 30 emails are sent at the same time, which causes the overflow. I wonder if there's any way to modify the limit of mails, so I don't have the annoying message on my screen that doesn't let me trade manually. If not possible, then : is there any way to avoid the message in my screen?

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

Thanks for posting.

We'll need a bit more information here- what condition exactly is causing the emails to be sent? You say that you need to receive certain information through email about all 20 stocks at the market open, which means that 20 emails would necessarily need to be sent, if I'm understanding you correctly. What precisely are you wanting to occur as an alternative?

May I also ask for more detail about this 'annoying message on my screen that doesn't let me trade manually'? What does this message state?

I look forward to your reply.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Tyler,

- The condition, the only condition that triggers the emails is the first tick of the daily bar, so at 9:30am I'm going to have 1 email for every simulation that I have running.

- The message that I'm saying is this: " Mail queue overflow. One or more mails have been dropped. " This message is shown in a windows message box which has the Ok button to tap and close it.

Thanks

Comment

It sounds like you may need to stagger the emails by setting up a separate condition for each alert. To help me provide the best assistance, may I ask for screenshots showing this alert setup? To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Tyler, it's the regular message box that sometimes pops when certain alters in NT7. It's so common that I don't understand why do you need this alert screenshot. The goal Tyler, is getting the info that I need without dealing with 30 alerts messages for mail drops. Perhaps asking to some dev-fellow could help.

Comment

We need more information about how the alerts are set up in order to assist, such as whether these alerts are coming from a NinjaScript strategy, an indicator, the Market Analyzer, etc, and exactly how the conditions are configured. Please provide as much information as possible, and we'll be happy to work on a solution from there.

Comment

Let's do something different, I ask you directly this simple question, easy to answer for NT representatives:

- Where can I set the maximum emails sent from my NT ? So, I can prevent receiving the "Mail queue overflow" message, which happens when X emails must be sent at the same time.

By the way, here you might find old post from this forum asking the same question:

- https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...queue-overflow

- https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...cessive-popups
              Last edited by pstrusi; 02-17-2020, 04:43 AM.

Comment

There's no way in NinjaTrader 7 to set a maximum number number of emails that may be sent. I recommend either trying a different email address, or reconfiguring whatever is sending the emails.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes