Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT Fix Adapter Connection Server Location

Hey Guys,

In using TT as a data feed I understand that either the broker needs to support an in house TT Fix Adapter that they allow me to access or I as the end user need to pay TT for it myself. This part I understand.

What I do not know is how my distance from the server would affect latency and the ping to the feed. It is my understanding that with Rithmic or CQG as the data feed it is essentially cloud based and depending on where I am located when I log in it will automatically seek out the nearest trade server on their network so as to keep latency to a minimum. However with a TT FIX Adapter connection is it tied to one specific server used by the particular broker you are using? This would mean that if I am travelling or logging in at different locations it would not seek out the nearest server on the TT network but would always connect to that one specific broker server wherever the FIX Adapter is connected which of course could drastically affect my connection latency. Is this correct?

Thanks

Hello Kelsoner,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

On the NinjaTrader Platform side of things, we would not have the specifics on each data provider and broker and how they arrange their network and servers. Each one will be different.

My advice would be to ask your data provider or broker directly, and if necessary escalate the inquiry to the routing service (such as Rithmic or CQG).
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea,

I looked into it on their end and it turns out that an account connected via TT Fix Adapter would still access their network via the lowest ping closest point anywhere you log in just like CQG or Rithmic. It is possible to get setup to a specific server with them but that is a special setup probably used for co-located black box algos.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238