Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I don't like the candles I'm getting, is there a way to change them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the candles I'm getting, is there a way to change them?

LOL I know that question probably looks dumb, sorry. But I follow a trader named, Mack. He makes videos of the ES every day. We both use Ninja Trader, CQG, and 2000 tick chart. Our candles used to be almost identical. But lately, our candles are very different. He gets way more nice bars (exceedingly bullish, or bearish, as befitting the trade), whereas my candles at the same spot end up being terrible. I don't know what happened. Also, I realize this is a data feed issue. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask your opinion.

Hello patpat,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2432868 Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Check that your other data series options are the same.
      You should have the same session template, and your "Break at EOD" setting should be the same.
      If you both have "Break at EOD" unchecked, then you will need to make sure your "days back" settings are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
        Hello patpat,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2432868 Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

Thank you for your reply. i attempted to do as you asked, but I got the following error message: "Unable to upload attachment to support server...Email will be sent out regardless: login incorrect".

Comment

Originally posted by bboyle1234 View Post
          Check that your other data series options are the same.
          You should have the same session template, and your "Break at EOD" setting should be the same.
          If you both have "Break at EOD" unchecked, then you will need to make sure your "days back" settings are the same.
          Thanks, BBoyle. We both use the same session template. I have mine set up just like his. I do not know where to find the EOD box, though.

Comment

Originally posted by patpat View Post

Thank you for your reply. i attempted to do as you asked, but I got the following error message: "Unable to upload attachment to support server...Email will be sent out regardless: login incorrect".
            Shawn, I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hello patpat,

Thank you for your reply.

Here are steps to send the files manually with your email service, without opening the platform. Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with your log and trace files included as an attachment to the email, so I may investigate this matter further.
              • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
              • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
              Put '2432868 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Hello patpat,

I see that you're running an older version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                • Enter your license key and press Submit
                • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
                • Select 'Download'
                • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
                • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
                • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
                • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Please let us know if you continue to see the same behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
                  Hello patpat,

I see that you're running an older version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                  • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                  • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  • Enter your license key and press Submit
                  • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
                  • Select 'Download'
                  • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
                  • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
                  • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
                  • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Please let us know if you continue to see the same behavior.
                  I updated to the latest NT 7 version. Unfortunately, the situation hasn't changed. He gets excellent second entry candles, and mine are terrible, almost without exception. We both use NT 7 and AMP Futures with CQG data feed. Should I contact AMP? Or do you have any other suggestions. It's really stunning the great set-up he gets, and I get something almost untrade-able.
                  Last edited by patpat; 02-27-2020, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin