Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Question about commission entry in settings, does it effect generated reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about commission entry in settings, does it effect generated reports?

If I have NT set to show X amount for each unit, is that what's reflected in the daily report it generates?

Yes.

Commission can be included in your PnL calculations provided you have correctly configured NinjaTrader. Commission values can be defined for each connectivity provider per instrument and per instrument type.

I have provided publicly available links below to our YouTube that goes over setting up commissions values:Commission values are used in the following order:
    • From the instrument if a commission value has been defined else
    • From the instrument type if a commission value has been defined else
    • No value is used since none have been defined
    Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument type:Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument:Critical: Ensure that 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' is enabled under Tools > Options > General tab.

Comment

NinjaTrader_PatrickG Hi! Thanks for the response and additional information.

I should have worded my question differently.

So say I have NT set to show $1 a side on the M2k, when in reality it's like $0.61. Will the PnL report I generate using Ninjatrader reflect the purposefully incorrect commission, or is it pulling the correct numbers from somewhere else? Thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        Yes.

Commission can be included in your PnL calculations provided you have correctly configured NinjaTrader. Commission values can be defined for each connectivity provider per instrument and per instrument type.

I have provided publicly available links below to our YouTube that goes over setting up commissions values:Commission values are used in the following order:
        • From the instrument if a commission value has been defined else
        • From the instrument type if a commission value has been defined else
        • No value is used since none have been defined
        Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument type:Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument:Critical: Ensure that 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' is enabled under Tools > Options > General tab.
        NinjaTrader_PatrickG For instance like I said I have my commission set to be a bit higher to account for the other random fees that pop up, that seems to be included in the EOD report thats generated, and it also seems to go to Philips because it will reflect in my report for that day that I get in my email, but the NEXT day, I'll see an adjustment of +$64 or whatever on my EOD Philips report, is that what's happening there?

Comment

NinjaTrader_PatrickG In other words, will my commison set in the program effect what Philips gets, and then they make adjustments? Am I seeing the effects of the rebate program or am I making things more difficult by purposefully setting the wrong commison in NinjaTrader settings?

Comment

The commission you configure in the platform has no effect whatsoever on what you're actually being charged by your broker for live trades. This is used for local reporting only and you should treat it as secondary in accuracy to your actual broker-provided statement.

If you have questions about the charges on the statement from your broker, please contact your broker directly.

Comment

NinjaTrader_PatrickG So just to clarify the broker is not receiving the report and then having to make manual adjustments based on me having the commission set incorrectly?

Comment

rontronimous , correct - literally nothing you do on the platform can affect any charges from your broker. Consult your broker directly if you have questions about any charges on the statement you receive from your broker.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey