ATI NinjaTrader hangs and is slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI NinjaTrader hangs and is slow.

It seems if I enable ATI the NinjaTrader platform hangs and becomes very unresponsive.

Some background:
    I have 12 accounts on the Hosted "Zenfire" feed.
    I have thousands of orders, sometimes hundreds of working orders and thousands of filled, partially filled and cancled orders.

Messages from the hosted connection are frequent.
    Is there a way to improve performance of the ATI interface where the Ninja Platform will be responsive?

-Lars

Hello Lars,

Do you use the ATI to connect NinjaTrader with an external source to have access to these 12 accounts or do you use a Zen-Fire connection?

I suggest to take a look at the following link, which will provide you helpful tips to improve the performance of NinjaTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATI/NinjaPerformance.

The mentioned logging does not seem to be my issue, those reccomended settings were set that way, I had no additional logging setup.
      Instead once Ninja has been running for some time the list of filled/canceled/working/rejected ... etc becomes very long. This list can number in the thousands.
      Is there a way perhaps to remove from the ATI interface as well as the Ninja platform orders of a disposition type or orders that have filled x hours or days ago. This issue happens after running for some time. The documents-settings/NinjaTrader/Outgoing folder has these thousands of files in it ... to maintain these files must be costly.

-Lars

Comment

Unfortunatley there is no way to disable the writing of these files, for sure this is one of the performance issues you are running into. At this time, there is nothing that can be done to improve the performance except to NOT enable the ATI.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Some more details.

It seems when issuing many orders the platform also has a little "brain freeze" it thinks about it a little bit.

So when the amount of orders placed and historical orders goes over a certain amount, let's say 500, the platform becomes sluggish.

Is there some way to programatically remove processed orders or executions?

This would help the problem I am sure.

-Lars

Comment

Not just ATI ...

Just so you know, this problem of slowness when dealing with large amounts of historical ... orders and executions slows the platform down, PERIOD. Backtesting and automating in development works great as long as the number of hisotrical orders and executions remains small. Once these executions and orders start building up, game over.

Amazing speed when first connecting and getting working orders ... slowness is a gradually increasing problem over time ... the longer I am connected or the more orders I place in SIM account the slower the platform becomes.

So orders from PROD connection will make this same problem happen, but I can reproduce this problem by issuing many orders canceling them, reissuing more filling etc.

Is this a known issue, is there a workaround?

-Lars

Comment

As Ray pointed out earlier, there is nothing that can be done at this time. For sure using an as powerful as possible machine will help though.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes