Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have the following issues and need help... "SMA exists in both..."

Sma exists in both .... (will show in pic below"

When I delete those indicators 10 more completely different errors show up after complile. When i delete those indicators more idicators show that error.How do I get sma and ema back on track. Plus MACD and Stochastics are missing to is seems

To clarify - you're deleting the indicators listed in the 'NinjaScript File' column? Or the indicators mentioned in the 'Error' column?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      To clarify - you're deleting the indicators listed in the 'NinjaScript File' column? Or the indicators mentioned in the 'Error' column?
      I have tried both without success.... either way they produce errors

Comment

Since I can't see the full error messages and you're reporting that more errors appear if you correct the 6 in your screenshot, I think it would be best if we troubleshot this via remote support. Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Include a link to this forum thread and ' 2455835 ATTN PatrickG' in the message.

Comment

Since I can't see the full error messages and you're reporting that more errors appear if you correct the 6 in your screenshot, I think it would be best if we troubleshot this via remote support. Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Include a link to this forum thread and ' 2455835 ATTN PatrickG' in the message.
          is there a way to reinstall sma and ema for files somehow? I know they are there on a fresh install

Comment

Uninstalling and reinstalling the platform should replace/repair any built in indicators, but I would be surprised if that fixed your compile errors. I'd prefer to troubleshoot this remotely so I can accurately resolve the issue.

With that said, here are uninstall/reinstall steps:
            • Close all running applications.
            • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
            • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
            • Reboot your machine.
            • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.

Comment

Uninstalling and reinstalling the platform should replace/repair any built in indicators, but I would be surprised if that fixed your compile errors. I'd prefer to troubleshoot this remotely so I can accurately resolve the issue.

With that said, here are uninstall/reinstall steps:
              • Close all running applications.
              • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
              • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
              • Reboot your machine.
              • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
              I have tried that already last night... exactly as stated....issued different set of issues on top of existing.... only way around would be to go to an older backup but dont want to do that.... Can removing "bin" holding the indicators from much older zipped backup and replacing it help? along with config ect? I suppose I can keep my existing workspace and reinstall any new indicators since then???

or even restoring from old backup. replacing the ninjascripts as is always the case and just use my existing workspace instead of the older backup one....
              Last edited by markus3500; 03-13-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Obviously we could take a shotgun to the issue by deleting your whole bin folder (and your config file where the references are stored) but this will likely remove files we don't necessarily want removed in addition to losing your connections. If you want to use a scalpel to solve this with precision, please follow my earlier recommendation to write in for remote support.

If you are fine with 'starting over' by re-importing the add-ons you want, you could delete the bin folder, reinstall NinjaTrader, then either delete the config file as well or correct any compile errors (likely just need to remove references).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin