Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart not updating

Hello
    My Dollar Index Futures chart (DX 09-18) stopped updating. Can't get live data in any timeframe.
    I use ninjatrader free data and the chart has been working fine for weeks.
    I've reset instruments, delete cache data, delete historical data and get same error. I've reload all historical data too and same result.
    I'm thinking that perhaps is a session manager error, but if I change the session template, all the chart bars dissapear.
    Does anybody know how to fix this error?
    Thanks in advance

Hello Periquin,
    Thanks for your post.

How many weeks have you been using the CQG demo?

If you log out of the connection can you log back in?

Are there any errors on the 'Logs' tab of your Control Center?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello
      I've no problem with the connection to CQC, but looking at log files, I see that yesterday this error began:
      CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: DXEU8 is not enabled for real-time quotes and trading.
      The log of the previous days is OK, without that error.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

I was under the assumption this was a CQG two week demo data feed. Is this a live brokerage account?

Are you certain you have DX 09-18 selected in the chart?

Comment

I'm using the demo with ES, YM, 6B, 6E and DX. Everything has been working fine till yesterday with the problem in DX. The other charts work fine, just the problem with DX chart

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files. In your message please include your demo credentials so that I may test the feed on my end. Write to PlatformSupport(AT)NinjaTrader(DOT)com and reference this forum post. You may attach your log and trace files by following these steps.
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Looking forward to assisting you.

Comment

Thanks for sending in your files. After review,the first thing that I see is that you are on an old and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 7(7.0.1000.31). Each release of NinjaTrader has nearly 100 fixes and it is recommended to upgrade. The newest versions of NinjaTrader 7(7.0.1000.38) contain many critical updates to the database, so I would recommend doing so at this time. Upgrading is simple and can be accomplished by following these steps.
              Note: Following these steps will not affect your data, settings, configuration, Indicators, Strategies, Workspaces, etc.
              1. First, save your license key to a document
              2. You can locate your license key by going to Help> License Key
              3. Now exit NinjaTrader and uninstall it within Windows Control Center
              4. Once uninstalled you can redownload NinjaTrader from the link below
              5. http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
              6. Paste your license key*
              7. Select Submit
              8. Download and then run the installer

Let me know if upgrading does not resolve the issue

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
                I use to not update the software if everything works fine, and it has been working fine for me for a lot of time. The only chart with problems is DX. You got my demo credentials. Can you tell me before upgrading if you can see a live chart of DX in the newer version of Ninja 7 with my credentials? Perhaps is a data provider issue...
                Thank you for the interest.

Comment

This one slipped under my radar. Apparently this instrument has been removed from the demos. ICE is strictly enforcing its policy on one demo login per year. To comply with this, CQG has removed real-time ICE data from demos. Any demo requested after Monday of this week would not have this enablement any longer. Existing demos were not effected.

I still highly recommend upgrading from 7.0.1000.31 to 7.0.1000.38 as that version is from January of 2016.

Comment

Thank you very much for the information.
                    I got an Interactive Brokers account too. Is it possible to see only DX chart with IB data?

Comment

When using multiple connections, the source of data depends on the order in which you connect. Data requests will be sent to the first connection you've established - if that provider does not offer the asset class which you've requested data for, the data request will be passed on to the next provider you connect to.

There is not a way to dedicate a data feed to a single instrument or chart.

Comment

In order to find a solution I noticed that reloading historical data new bars appear, so data is received, but don't get live data. So, is possible to display a chart with a selected delay? I use DX chart as a reference, so I don't care if the displayed data is delayed a little

Comment

There is not a way to do that. To view live data for an instrument you will need to get a data feed that provides the live data for that instrument.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post alifarahani  
                          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes