Change the value of the point to a real account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change the value of the point to a real account

Good Morning! I have an important question for me.

When we chose a stock instrument (Tools -> Instrument Manager -> Name = CL)
    When given "EDIT" -> Point value -> 1,000.00

My question is this, can I change the value of the point from 1,000.00 to 500.00 in a real account? (in this case I have chosen oil). If the answer is "yes" should I tell my broker or is it an option that the platform registers as an "accepted option"?

Thank you

Changing default instrument settings is not recommend. The point value within NinjaTrader has no effect on what the cost per tick or price per point is in reality.

Could you elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish? If I understood your goal in more detail I may be able to assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Changing default instrument settings is not recommend. The point value within NinjaTrader has no effect on what the cost per tick or price per point is in reality.

Could you elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish? If I understood your goal in more detail I may be able to assist further.
      Okay! Let's see if I can explain myself better.
      Within the financial instrument there is a button that dides "edit" within that option, we have Master instrument - tick size - Point value - among other options.

My question is the following (I give the example of the oil instrument CL) if instead of the "point value" is $ 10 (1,000.00) to change the value to (500.00) each tick would be $ 5 (instead of $ 10). If it could be done in a real account, I am currently in a demo account and I have been able to change those values, but what I do not know is if the broker can change or accept the change in the value of the point.

Comment

It's not possible to change a setting on the platform which would allow you to trade an instrument for half its price per tick. The price per tick is defined by the exchange that the instrument is traded on.

Some instruments may have a 'micro' version of themselves which typically trade at half or less than the regular instrument, but I am not aware of one for Oil/CL specifically.

Please reach out to your prospective broker for more information on why this is impossible and if there is a comparable micro instrument which may facilitate trading at a lower price-per-tick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post martin70