Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"failed to verify vendor license"

Hi,
    I converted over to a new trading PC. I have an indicator I imported into my new NT7 trading computer. I get the following message when adding to a chart:

"You don't have a valid license for indicator 'Scoupe'. Please contact 'AlgoTradingSystems' at '[email protected]' for a license for 'AlgoPack' for your machine ID 4FC0D64BDB9D917B5450BC7A708DB86B (this is my new machine id)

This is an indicator I purchased in 2013 so certainly a little while ago. I contacted vendor and he advised that he is getting an error message "failed to verify vendor license" and therefore cannot add me as a user with my new machine id. (He said he had to fire up an old computer he used at the time.) He suggested I contact NT to see if you can activate my file? He said he will provide authorization however you need it.

I am feeling pretty slighted as I paid $1300 for the indicator and now due to upgrading my PC I am hung out to dry. He is being very helpful but he is not sure what to do.

Can you please help!!

This is a fear I have had for sometime with NT and/or vendors "locking" licenses (I am not exactly how this works) and what happens when you upgrade computers and then you are at the mercy the vendor.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately we cannot control his licensing for that indicator.

Can you please clarify, did you send him the new machine ID for your new PC and he said he was unable to activate it?

It sounds based on the description here that he no longer has access to his vendor licensing system, is that correct?

I look forward to your reply.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It looks like he is not able to login to his NT7 licensing module. I have had that happen on occasion and no matter how many times I try, I get an error. If I close the module and open it again, that usually fixes the problem.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Melissa,

Yes I sent him my new machine ID and when he tried updating this he received the error "failed to verify vendor license". He mentioned he had to pull out his old "boxes" (servers I assumed) and try and complete this step. I am thinking he has not been a vendor of indicators for a while and things have gotten a little stale. I purchased this indicator in 2013.

He is being very helpful he just doesn't know what else to do and asked me to bring it up here. He is willing to do what it takes.

Any more ideas?

Thanks, Mark

Thanks EDanny for your answer!!! I passed this along to the vendor!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
        12 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DrakeiJosh  
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rhubear