Why do my candles change every time I click "reloading historical data"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do my candles change every time I click "reloading historical data"

I understand if it might change the first time I do it in the morning, but every time I reload data during the day I seem to get different candles. I trade the ES and use tick charts. Thank you.

Hello,
    I don't know 100% for sure, but with tick data it can vary slightly over a period of time which i can not place an accurate value too. So i assume once historical data is reset cycle starts again.
    My thinking for this is knowing that if my PC trading station is not the exact exchange time. ( look on google at "time.is" ) I understand time is time and even if it's out, 1 min, is 1 min. Range, Renko or what ever plots accordingly. Tick data is in its own category.

Just a thought and i hope this help, if i am wrong,no harm, no foul.

Regards

Ashley

Comment

Hello patpat,

In NinjaTrader 7, the most common reason a chart will be different after reloading is the PC Clock not being in sync with internet time.

See the post below for syncing the PC Clock.

With NinjaTrader 7, as a chart loads any data that was streaming while the chart was building is not included with the chart. This means that as the chart is loaded or reloaded it is possible for some ticks to be lost for that chart.

These missing ticks can cause any tick based bars that form after the reload to include a different number of ticks than they would have contained if they were built without interruption.

After reloading, those bars are loaded with historical data and would contain the missing ticks, meaning any bars that were interrupted would be corrected and any bars from that point forward.

This has been improved in NinjaTrader 8 for bars to be resumed midsession.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes