Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection to tradestation 10

Hi,
    I followed instruction on the website. but still do not see live data in ninja 7. I am using latest tradestation 10. Help. Thanks

There are some Important limitations you need to understand about the Tradestation data feed connection. In general, it is extremely limited in functionality:
    • The interface is designed to support real-time market data for a maximum of only a few symbols simultaneously for the purpose of trade simulation in NinjaTrader, any more and you may experience performance limitations
    • The interface is NOT designed to dynamically populate NinjaTrader charts with historical data from TradeStation
    For reference, here is the connection guide:So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-20, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Can you provide screenshots of your instrument configuration and what occurs on your chart?
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I made it work!
      Question, seems once I close ninja, data will get lost. Is there a way to remember the data received form external feed?

Comment

You could enable Save chart data as historical' within the Control Center > Tools > Options > 'Data' tab. When enabled, this option will store of incoming real-time Chart data to your local PC for future historical data requests.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred