Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Linking an ATM strategy to a stopmarket order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking an ATM strategy to a stopmarket order.

Hey guys,
    I want to link an ATM strategy to a 3 stop market orders in a row. ie: 1) Short(stopmar****rder) 10k @ 1.7400.00 / 2) Short(stopmar****rder) 5k @ 1.7350.00 / 3) Short(stopmar****rder) 2.5k @ 1.7200.00. Once the first order is tripped I want my ATM strategy (stop and target to kick in and update the stop and target size amounts. Can this be done on Forex accounts?

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

You would need to use a set number of pips rather than a price value with ATM strategies, but you could figure the number of pips to each value and set 3 targets in the ATM Parameters window, each with it's own stop loss value as a scale out like you are describing. More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for confusion, I am describing a Scale In, not a Scale Out. To do this I need to use StopMarket orders for my entries. But I can't figure out how to attach Safety Stops to them.

Comment

Hello White Fork,

Thank you for your response with that clarification.
        One other way you may be able to accomplish what you are describing would be to add stops to your stop market orders through an ATM strategy.
        So for example, if you have a particular way you wish for your stop market orders behave when they are triggered, you would simply need to create an ATM strategy that would update your stop loss and profit targets as you wish and then ensure that it is attached with each stop market order you enter.
        The orders will not appear until the original stop market order is filled/triggered.
        You may need to change the setting your ATM strategy selection mode is set to. Here is a link to our help guide that goes over the different ATM strategy selection modes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ction_mode.htm
        Additionally, here is a link to our help guide that goes over the details regarding ATM strategy parameters: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...parameters.htm

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional support or any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

"...you would simply need to create an ATM strategy that would update your stop loss and profit targets as you wish and then ensure that it is attached with each stop market order you enter."
          Sorry,I cannot do this. My NT8 doesn't allow me to do this. Very frustrated now. Please just walk me through the steps to create a single STOP MARKET entry order with an attached stop order. This is for a FOREX account. I seem to only be allowed to use the ATM strategies on Market Orders...

Comment

Figured it out! I have to submit my orders through the FXPro window. I doesn't work through the On Chart window or SuperDOM window. Weird. Anyway, thank for your time!

Comment

Hello White Fork,

Thank you for your response.

You should be able to have your ATM strategy attached to the Stop Market order as long as it is selected when you place the Stop Market order.
              Nonetheless, here are the instructions on how you may create a single Stop Market entry order with an attached stop order.
              First I have the ATM strategy selection mode set to Select active ATM strategy on order submission, however as I previously stated, you may want to change this depending on how you are going to be using the strategies. Here is the link for the NinjaTrader 8 resources regarding the ATM strategy selection mode: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ction_mode.htm
              Next I created my ATM strategy by going to ATM strategy, and selected Custom and entered the desired values.
              Now with my ATM strategy created and selected, when I press CTRL and middle mouse click at the price I wish to place my Stop Market order (above market price on buy side, below market price on sell side), the ATM is attached and once the Stop Market is triggered, the stop strategy is deployed. Until the initial stop market order is filled, the ATM strategy will not be displayed.
              This is the process of creating a single entry stop market order with the attached ATM strategy.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional assistance or any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cre8able