• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to connect to TopStepTrader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to TopStepTrader

Is the Rithmic data servers down? Today, I connected to TopStepTrader from 8:30 to 11:30 am EDT with no problems. I now get the following error messages when I try to connect to TopStepTrader.

Do I need to do anything to fix this?

8/7/2018 2:00 PM Default Unable to load server side config file: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    8/7/2018 2:00 PM Default Unable to load server side config file: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    8/7/2018 2:00 PM Connection TST: Unable to login: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.(LoginFailed)
    8/7/2018 2:00 PM Connection TST: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

I am able to connect to a TopStepTrader account in NinjaTrader 7 without issue. I suspect you're experiencing this because of a local connectivity issue or because of an issue between your PC and the necessary servers.

To troubleshoot the connection issues, I recommend the following steps. Test after each step to see if the issue is resolved:
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS - Open the Command Prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder.
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I restarted everything, and now I am able connect to TST. I suspect it was a DNS cache issue. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by aligator, Today, 12:29 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by bob77713, Today, 11:30 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bob77713