Unable to connect to TopStepTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to TopStepTrader

Is the Rithmic data servers down? Today, I connected to TopStepTrader from 8:30 to 11:30 am EDT with no problems. I now get the following error messages when I try to connect to TopStepTrader.

Do I need to do anything to fix this?

8/7/2018 2:00 PM Default Unable to load server side config file: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    8/7/2018 2:00 PM Default Unable to load server side config file: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    8/7/2018 2:00 PM Connection TST: Unable to login: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.(LoginFailed)
    8/7/2018 2:00 PM Connection TST: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

I am able to connect to a TopStepTrader account in NinjaTrader 7 without issue. I suspect you're experiencing this because of a local connectivity issue or because of an issue between your PC and the necessary servers.

To troubleshoot the connection issues, I recommend the following steps. Test after each step to see if the issue is resolved:
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS - Open the Command Prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder.
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Comment

I restarted everything, and now I am able connect to TST. I suspect it was a DNS cache issue. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NRITV
      by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes