Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hhphoto2006
    replied
    I am sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough. The way I understand Steve's setup is uses a MACD with the following settings 19-39-9 and is plot in the bottom pane, he uses only one line, I believe is the slower one (see screenshot). In addition to that he was able to plot this same line over price (like a MA) that serves as Support/Resistance.
    Thank you
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I am not quite sure I fully understand what you're looking for. Could you provide a video or a link from the source you're referring to?

I've created a chart with a MACD (12, 26) and also two EMAs (12 and 26). I've used the ruler drawing tool to measure the difference between the two EMAs:

You want to see the difference between the two EMA prints? Would this be in price? Or what would be the unit of difference that you're looking for? Please elaborate.

Leave a comment:

• hhphoto2006
    replied
    Thanks for response. I tried that before and that does not work, that just places the MACD indicator in the same panel as price. What I am trying to do is to use the slow line of the two EMAs as a sort of moving average on price that works as support and resistance. I saw Steve Rothes from TFNN use it in such way.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_EricB
    replied
    Hello hhphoto2006,

Thank you for your post. The Indicator's can be moved to the price data panel by selecting Panel 1 in the right click > Indicator settings.

See the below section of our help guide for more on working with indicators.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.

Leave a comment:

• koganam
    replied
    Originally posted by hhphoto2006 View Post
    Hello,
    Would you point me in the right direction in order to plot the difference of 2 EMAs on the actual price chart, not in an indicator panel.

Thank you
    Is that not what the MACD is? Just plot the MACD on the price chart instead. Specify the price panel in the PropertyGrid.

Leave a comment:

• hhphoto2006
    started a topic Plot the Dif of 2 EMAs

Plot the Dif of 2 EMAs

Hello,
    Would you point me in the right direction in order to plot the difference of 2 EMAs on the actual price chart, not in an indicator panel.

Thank you

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
10 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
6 responses
0 likes
Last Post tsantospinto