X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hhphoto2006
    replied
    Nkhoi
    Just wanted to drop you a few lines to thank you again for your help with the indicator. Disregard previews post, I was able to work with your latest version of the indicator coloring the lines.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• hhphoto2006
    replied
    Nkhoi
    Thanks for the quick response. I did looked at that version a couple of days ago. It is the right idea just the two lines are a bit distracting since I only pay attention to the one line as it is in your first version (MACDEMA). I just though that one oscillator line could have 2 colors when the move above/below zero happens.
    Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• nkhoi
    replied
    Originally posted by hhphoto2006 View Post
    Nkhoi,
    Thank you again for doing this I know your time is valuable. I actually meant the EMA that is on the actual price chart you called it MACDEMA.
    This is why; the only reason I have the EMA3919 on the chart is to see when it is above zero or below zero. Therefore if there was a way to color MACDEMA (on the chart near price),
    green when EMA3919 is above zero
    Red when EMA3919 is below zero
    Then I would not have to plot EMA3919 on the chart at all. See screenshot

Thanks again.
    yes, see prior post #15

Leave a comment:

• hhphoto2006
    replied
    Nkhoi,
    Thank you again for doing this I know your time is valuable. I actually meant the EMA that is on the actual price chart you called it MACDEMA.
    This is why; the only reason I have the EMA3919 on the chart is to see when it is above zero or below zero. Therefore if there was a way to color MACDEMA (on the chart near price),
    green when EMA3919 is above zero
    Then I would not have to plot EMA3919 on the chart at all. See screenshot

Thanks again.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• nkhoi
    replied
    Nkhoi
    Thank you once again. One more thing, would it be to hard to color code the line on the price chart MACDEMA;
    Green when EMA3919 is above zero

Regards
    Hector
    1) copy this cs to folder \Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator
    2) re-import any file you imported ok before
    then you have the new ema3919
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hhphoto2006
    replied
    Nkhoi
    Thank you once again. One more thing, would it be to hard to color code the line on the price chart MACDEMA;
    Green when EMA3919 is above zero

Regards
    Hector

Leave a comment:

• nkhoi
    replied
    Nkhoi,
    Thank you so much for your help and the EMAs, they do match perfectly.
    Kind regards.
    Hector
    I color the zone, check it out, personally I don't think it can be used as support/resistance line but maybe it works for you.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hhphoto2006
    replied
    Nkhoi,
    Thank you so much for your help and the EMAs, they do match perfectly.
    Kind regards.
    Hector

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    The screenshot indicates that an indicator named 'MACDEMA' is applied to panel 1. I could not locate a similar indicator on our forums.

Your options at this point are:
    • Contact the source of the screenshot and ask how to obtain 'MACDEMA'
    • Program the MACDEMA indicator yourself
    • Have a third-party developer build the MACDEMA for you

We can provide assistance with options 2 and 3. If that is how you'd like to proceed, contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Make sure to include a link to this forum thread when you write in, along with a brief summary of what we may assist with.

Leave a comment:

• nkhoi
    replied
    Thanks Patrick
    He actually said he created it using the MACD with the settings I gave you. I replicated the bottom part of the indicator on my platform using a MACD with his settings. It looked identical. I just cant figure out how to plot it on price the way he has it. All he said about that is that I would probably need to do it writing code.

Is the price Oscillator part of the NT basic Indicators? Do i need to hire someone that knows programing to accomplish this?

Thanks
    here you go, Ninja MACD use SMA for calculation so it wont work. Ninja doesn't allow to plot both panel in the same indicator so there are 2, 1 for indi panel and 1 for price panel
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    The screenshot you provided indicates that the Price Oscillator indicator is in use. It also looks identical to how the Price Oscillator would plot. The only way to get the 'Price Oscillator' to print in the top left of the chart panel but have it not in reality be the Price Oscillator would be to purposefully change the indicator's label property.

We can get close with the built in settings I've suggested, but if you want an exact copy you'll either need to obtain their add-ons, program an add-on yourself, or have someone program the add-on for you.

Here are two options I came up with:

Option 1 - Price Oscillator (19,39,9) with EMA (19):

Options 2 Price Oscillator (19.39,9) x2 with one of them overlayed onto the data:

Leave a comment:

• hhphoto2006
    replied
    Thanks Patrick
    I understand what you said in the first place. He calls it a price oscillator but He did not use the price oscillator indicator to create the line on price according to what he said. Basically he was given the ingredients but not the recipe on the webinar. Please take a look

I understand it is his "secret sauce" but he did not say we couldn't replica it.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I've edited the screenshot you provided to hopefully make it more clear what I was describing:

I am confused by your colleagues response. Can he not send you a screenshot of either the chart window which displays the labels of all indicators involved, or a screenshot of the indicators he has applied from within the indicators menu?

Yes, the Price Oscillator is built into NinjaTrader.

Leave a comment:

• hhphoto2006
    replied
    Thanks Patrick
    He actually said he created it using the MACD with the settings I gave you. I replicated the bottom part of the indicator on my platform using a MACD with his settings. It looked identical. I just cant figure out how to plot it on price the way he has it. All he said about that is that I would probably need to do it writing code.

Is the price Oscillator part of the NT basic Indicators? Do i need to hire someone that knows programing to accomplish this?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    The indicator in the bottom panel of the screenshot you provided is not the MACD, it is the Price Oscillator.

You can see what indicators are applied (and what settings are used in the indicators) by looking at the top left of the chart panel.

Unfortunately I can't see the labels for the moving average indicator in the top panel, however, if its meant to indicate the same line as one of the moving averages from the Price Oscillator, then it is either set to 19 or 39.

Here is a screenshot example showing the difference between the MACD and Price Oscillator with two EMAs applied that match the fast and slow lines:

The built-in moving average indicators don't have a 'smooth' property, so getting a perfectly identical line may be difficult.

If you contact the source of the screenshot you provided, they can likely tell you their exact indicators and settings in use.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
11 responses
0 likes
Last Post xiinteractive  
Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred