Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick dataquality?

hi
    You advertise Kinetick as your premium choice datafeed. I looked today an ETF up and had some questions which I asked the kinetick support, but honestly I dont know whether a robot or a human being answered. So I give another try here:

I looked up the symbol for "iShares Core DAX® UCITS ETF (DE)" in https://kinetick.com/Help#!Help_SymbolSearch
    it returns this record
    L.0MLH ISHARES CORE DAX UCITS ETF (DE) LSE

My questions
    1. I compared the close of 3rd of April of Kinetick (downloaded it in NT7) with iShares, Yahoo data etc. All these services note EUR 81.53 as closing price, you note 81.15.
    Why this difference?
    2. I asked where I can see the Currency of the stock. Because in the above example this Fund is published in different currencies, it would be helpful to see the currency
    3. I asked why as stock exchange LSE is listed. This fund is not listed in LSE. The kinetick support 3 times answered that they do not provide LSE data. However, my question is: Why you marked this fund as traded in LSE? It seems wrong
    4. Is there no way to lookup with ISIN numbers? You have your own symbols and it is incredible time consuming searching for right instruments this way

thanks for clarification and help

Hello Beauregard,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify exactly which symbol you are using within NinjaTrader to view this ETF? Are you connected to a live Kinetick account or are you using the free Kinetick End Of Day feed?

Kinetick provides market data from IQFeed, and the Kinetick symbol search plugs into the IQFeed website. IQFeed currently supports the LSE and as a result, LSE symbols are available through Kinetick's symbol. However, Kinetick does not officially support the LSE and we do not live data for the LSE with a monthly subscription.

Comment

hi,well, I use the symbol returned by your symbol lookup: L.0MLH
      And I use free Kinetick EOD feed
      My understanding of common sense in using this lookup is
      1. Lookup a symbol
      2. Enter the instrument in the database and enter the symbol found
      3. Download data

My understandig would also be: if a symbol is found, then data is provided.
      Isnt this correct?

Comment

Hello Beauregard,

I analyzed today's data for 0MLH. It looks like the exchange is reporting a settlement tick at the end of the day that IQFeed is not including. This is why there is a slight difference in the data that you are seeing within NinjaTrader versus the close price that you see on the exchange's website.

Comment

Hi Christopher

thanks for checking it. So, to understand correctly: Kinetick has IQFeed data and we have there no settlement tick. The exchange (other sources) report a settlement tick. Is this correct?

Comment

Hello Beauregard,

Based on analyzing yesterday's data, it appears that the exchange is reported a settlement tick at the end of the day that IQFeed is not including. This is likely why you noticed a discrepancy with the EOD data from within NinjaTrader and the values reported on the exchange's website.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby