Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Inputting stop loss, profit target and limit prices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inputting stop loss, profit target and limit prices.

Hi.
    I am getting used to the FX Pro order entry window and would like you to clear out the following queries for me:
    1. Is it possible to enter the limit price by directly typing the number in the limit price box in the FX Pro window. I am only able to click on a price in level 2 and then stay scrolling up or down the limit price box to find the exact price?
    2. Is it possible to enter specific prices for my stop losses and profit targets? I changed the Parameter type from ticks to prices in the FX Pro Properties box but to no avail.
    Thanks for your continuous support.
    Best regards.

Hello,

1) You will enter the price with the arrows not by typing, but you can hold down the CTRL key when increasing/decreasing limit/stop prices to change the price in steps of 10 tick increments.

2) If you set the parameter type to price you should be able to set the target and stop in the same way you enter a limit or stop price (w/ the scrolling arrows). You can also build the strategy in a Dynamic SuperDOm if you like that format better.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      Yes, its true I can put in the limit price as you are suggesting even though it is slow and cumbersome. So this could be a good suggestion for a software improvement in the FX Pro order entry window.
      I am trying to do the same thing with the stops and profit targets but it is not functioning correctly for forex because it is only showing 3 decimal places after the point and in forex we need 4 decimal places in 1 pip increments.
      Could you please advice?

Comment

1) Thank you for the suggestion.

2) Do you have to correct PIP setting entered under Tools--> Options--> Misc?

Gain- Pip
        IB-Halp Pip
        MBT- 10th Pip

This could be affecting the display.

Comment

Yes it is the correct pip setting. I have IB feeds and it is on half pips.

Comment

Sorry- I can't think of anything else that would cause this.

Please tell me which instrument you are working with and post a screen shot so I can test/reproduce this with my IB connection.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Jessica,

Thanks for your reply and for your patience.

This morning I tried setting up everything from the beginning. I set up the FX currencies quotes to half pips because I have an IB account and I changed the FX Pro Properties Parameter type from ticks to price and it seems that the system is working well and I can scroll up or down the actual prices.

The only problem I am finding is that it is taking me ages to set up the stop losses and profit targets by using the scrolling arrows.

I will soon be trading live with NinjaTrader because I like its features and it gives me lots of advantages. I would be really grateful if you were to pass on the suggestion to make also available the option of be writing down the price instead of just using the scrolling arrows.

Thanks for your support.
              Best regards.

Comment

Hi Scooter1,

You can click your middle mouse button in the price field and the current price will be displayed. From there you can scroll the price using your scroll button on your mouse or the arrow keys.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ninja_Trader Jason,

The problem I am having is in inputting price in the stop loss and profit target fields of the FX Pro screen. It seems the only way to input prices in the stop loss and profit target fields is by the scroll button or pc arrows.

Can you please advice.

Thanks

Comment

You are correct- this how to set the price of the Stop Loss and Target. It will not let you type in the value.

Are you getting the correct number of decimal places now?

Comment

Yes, I am getting the correct number of decimal places now. Thanks. It does take ages to set up one stop and one profit target with the scroll button. For now I will keep using the tick settings instead of price maybe you can pass the suggestion to upgrade software to allow users to type in the values . Thanks.

Comment

Thank you and I have forwarded your suggestion for our list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jclose
                        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                        10 responses