NT 7 Shuts Down when trying to connect to Forex demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 Shuts Down when trying to connect to Forex demo

Every time I try and connect to NT 7 Forex demo , NT completely shuts down on it's own. Anyone having this issue or have a solution? Thanks

This is a known symptom of an expired FXCM demo connection. Unfortunately, FXCM demos specifically are no longer available and forex demos in general are no longer available in NinjaTrader 7.

If you're curious about how to obtain forex data in NinjaTrader 7, please contact my colleagues on the Platform Sales team directly at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Comment

Hi Patrick
      I also had the same issue trying to use fxcm demo crednetial, with nt 8 but after it shut down itself, when i restarted , the nt 8 has taken away many of the previously available data connections, including continuum .
      i reinstalled the latest version, but it will not start at all, after the splash screen verying licenses, it just dissapears, no trace of the nt 8 . how do i get the demo back online ?

Comment

what's strange is a colleague can still connect on his NT 7 with my login info, so weird, and wondered if some how a setting was off on mine? ok, if i can't get it to work i'll contact them.

Comment

matthewmcreadie , please contact our support via email to troubleshoot this NinjaTrader 8 symptom - PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

t1krzej0 , I suspect your colleague's connection is not an expired or corrupt demo.

Comment

well if he's connecting with My login info that's what's strange? as i should be able to connect as well with same info but can't?

Comment

What version of Windows are you using? If you're using Windows 7, that may be the issue - Windows 7 is no longer supported.

You could also test by completely uninstalling and reinstalling NinjaTrader 7:
              • Close all running applications.
              • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 7 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
              • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
              • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
              • Reboot your machine.
              • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.

Comment

windows 10, tried all that already no luck

Comment

can connect to futures though no problem

Comment

If you've tried a complete uninstall and reinstall and the symptom persists AND the connection is functional on another PC, this points to some issue that is specific to your PC. Unfortunately I do not have any further troubleshooting beyond the steps provided here already.

Comment

ok thx for trying.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                      3 responses