Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time and Sales in NT7

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Time and Sales feature.

If an individual trader places an order of 100 contracts - which I will call it a block trade - does that necessarily show up in T&S window ALL the time?

I am not talking about institutional traders. I want to know if a single individual trader can trigger a block trade pop up.

Thank you.

The Time & Sales window displays the current Bid/Ask price and volume as well as color coded last traded time, price and size. You can optionally filter for large trades (BLOCKS) by setting the block size in the Time & Sales Properties dialog window.

NinjaTrader would have no way of differentiating whether it was an individual or an institutional trader.

Comment

Thanks.

That brings me to another question relating to this:

Whether an individual or an institution placing BLOCK trades, do they show up all the time as they are?

For e.g. If I as an individual trader place a BLOCK trade of 100 contracts, do they show up in T&S as soon as I place an order of either buy or sell or it might show as 20+30+25+15+10 (=100 total) contracts placed as individual contracts rather than one single BLOCK trade?

I am trying to figure out that whether anyone placing 100 contracts do show up as one single order being placed or it is broken down into smaller contract sizes.

Thanks again.

Comment

The Time and Sale window displays fills. If a 100 quantity order partially fills as one hundred 1 quantity fills, then this is how it would appear on the Time and Sales window. The Time and Sales window has no knowledge of the order's quantity size while it is still a resting order.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielSanMartin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888