NinjaTrader7 crashes after login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader7 crashes after login

It's happening with both the regular and the 32bit version.

Hello wojwolfe,

Thank you for your note.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
    • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.
    Please let me know the results of this test.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Heath, thanks for the instructions. Unfortunately, this fix doesn't work. Even with the workspaces XML file deleted the program crashes as soon as I select Kinetic EOD and then connect. I should also mention that I'm running this on parallels. Are there any known issues with running NinjaTrader7 on either parallels or bootcamp? NinjaTrader8 works fine but my tools are only functional on NinjaTrader7, not 8.

Thanks,

Woj

Comment

Heath, solved the problem with the parallels setup. Logged in and it's up and running.

Thanks,

Woj

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        6 responses
        1 like
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        6 responses