Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenfire Anomalies

Hi,
    Last week Zenfire was actually lagging behind TS. Had two separate computers running the two separate platforms. Then a switch was made between the platforms and the computers to eliminate computer as the culprit. Zenfire was again lagging. It corrected itself 30 mins later!

To play it safe due to markets conditions, I had it on sim this morning. Now Zenfire did it again.This very morning (market open) it was lagging again but I had not realised it as TS was off. Had an order on ES and TF and then boom it blasted through my stops by 20 pts each. No the SL did not take me out. I had to close both trades manually. Total sim loss almost $5000.

Would someone from Ninja please explain what is going on. As this is the second time, I am becoming apprehensive about Zenfire/NT. I am also interested to know if similar experiences shared by any members.

Regards,
    SA

Same here

Check with TS ans PFG best direct
    Delayed data and freezes when placing orders !!

Comment

I checked with Zen-Fire and there were no reports of latency on their network. I personally was connceted to Zen-Fire on the open and did not experience latency compared to other connections I had open as well. NinjaTrader has not received any reports today of lagging on Zen-Fire either. Thus, you are an isolated case. Could be hardware or ISP issue on your end.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,
        Thanks for the reply. But a more pertinent issue remains unanswered - why did NT not stop me out once the price reversed against me? Shouldn't the mechanics of SL have stopped such a catastrophic occurence? Would this have happened in real live trading scenario - ie a stop loss failure?
        What are the mechanics of the NT stop loss? How do I avoid getting wiped out should this happen in real trading short of stop trading?

Cheers,
        SA

Comment

I can't tell why the stop loss would not have been triggered in the simulator. We have had one other report of this in our 4 year history but unfortunately have not bee able to track down how that could happen. Trading live this order would have been at the exchange and not simulated in NT.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification - to confirm, had I had a live trade on I would have been stopped out regardless of NT/Zenfire malfunction because the stop resides at the exchange?

Cheers,
            SA

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

TF Delay

I also had problems with my Zenfire this morning on symbol TF (emini Russell). The SuperDome was lagging behind TS. I could not believed it. I thought it was the other way around. I checked the orders I placed on the Ninja chart and the entry, target and stop orders displayed were not reflective of the actual price bars. They were off by at least 3 points. At 1 point in time around 9:42, the price on TS was 480.7 and on Ninja it was only 473.1. Did anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Lagging data feed

I called my brokers trade desk and they told me I had a bottleneck and that caused the data lag. I am using a Linksys router and the wired desk top is where I have NT open and the wireless laptop is open to IE and Thinkorswim platform. The wireless applications did not have a lag but the pc wired direct to router has a significant lag when the market volume breaks out. Moved the NT to lap top and will monitor if conditions exist. Trade desk suggested to separate lines to avoid bottleneck. I have the fastest dsl in my south florida area and just can't believe that this condition exist. Any thoughts?

Comment

i got similar problems when mixing two datafeeds

kinetick (for IB) and zenfire at mirus
                    specially in very fast instruments life the TF it always lags you.
                    you have to disconnect from one of them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post inanazsocial  
                    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post trilliantrader