Tombars2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tombars2

My TOMBARS2 chart stopped working. Yesterday it was working just fine. Today it stopped working, what can be a problem? Thank you
    Last edited by coolnyasha616; 09-06-2018, 03:01 AM.

Hello coolnyasha616,

Thank you for your post.

A reset of your instrument database should resolve this.

To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
    Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's still not working, it's still giving me an empty chart.

Comment

Everything else is working just fine like yesterday, today my TomBars2 chart is not working, yesterday it was working just fine as well

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

Make sure to select <None> from the bottom right "Load the following chart drop-down menu" so the chart is loaded without these items. Also change the Type drop-down menu to a default option such as Minute or Day. We have seen similar situations where a custom bar type loading issue like this can sometimes be loaded after launching in this manner.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.
          If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

i've followed all the instructions, and when i was trying to open a new chart, the Type drop-down menu is showing TOMBars2. I changed it to minutes. What should i do now?

Comment

What should i do next? thank you

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Please test opening the minute chart in the new workspace. Once this is complete, see if you are then able to switch to the TomBars (right click > Data Series).

If the bars are not able to be loaded in a new workspace either, I suggest to remove the add-on (Tools > Edit NinjaScript, or File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript Assembly) and then re-add it again (File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript). If you still see the same issue, you will need to report the issue to the vendor to look into further.

Comment

Thank you a lot, it's working now. I hope I won't have the same problem tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                  Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post quantismo