freeze!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freeze!

I am using NT7 with a CQG feed from Amp Futures. Frequently, my Ninja simply freezes up...and this has happened in the middle of a trade. I'll get an "order pending" voice message when there's no evident reason for it. The screen will cloud over and say "not responding." It is occurring randomly, although it seems more often to happen when the market is moving very quickly. So I don't know it's the feed, the NT7, or my computer that's causing the problem. How do I get started figuring this out? It has happened in the middle of a trade where I couldn't get out! HELP! Is there anybody at Ninja I can talk to...this messaging/typing/chat stuff really doesn't do the trick for me. Can't trade like this!

Hello podowitz,

Thank you for your post.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 500 tick, 5 minutes, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • How many charts are in your workspace?
    • Are you using custom indicators? If so, then how many?
    • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • If you open a SuperDOM and a Chart, with the same instrument, are they displaying different values?
    • How many workspaces are open?
      Open workspaces are indicated by the rectangle icon; if there is no icon, then the workspace is closed.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
    Paul G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Paul G. I'll answer your questions below:
      I am using 64-bit 7.0.1000.40.
      I am using two 3-minute charts (separate instruments) and one 15 minute higher time frame chart for reference to either instrument.
      There are only those 3 charts active at any one time.
      I am using custom 3rd party indicators. These are:
      -- Bzv Opening Range (automatically plots opening range on the chart). Don't remember the source
      -- StochRSIMod2, puts up/down signal arrows on chart based on StochRSI oscillator crossovers
      -- VWAP, don't remember source
      -- Volume Spread scalper, on chart indicator from Ninjacators.com
      -- RSD, on chart Supply and Demand Zones from Ninjacators.com
      I do not get error message dialogues; however, some windows may go unresponsive, graying out with a "not responding) message in the top panel of the chart
      The chart and the SuperDOM are not completely in sync
      Until this message from you, I inadvertently had another workspace open which was likewise filled with charts and indicators. I just closed it. MAybe that was the issue. It seemed like the drive was turning a lot and very fast when this problem was occurring. Could I just have overly strained the memory?
      Thanks for looking; eager to hear back from you.
      Steve

Comment

Hello Podowitz,

Thank you for your note.

So we can further diagnose your system, please start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

Safe mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
        • Loading workspaces.
        • Connecting on start-up.
        • Loading custom assemblies.
        • Getting instrument updates from the server.
        To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Exit NinjaTrader.
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Please test the platform with a blank chart and no custom indicators. Add charts and recreate your Workspace. When you reach the number of charts is the same as in your workspace, then save the current workspace as a new workspace and restart NinjaTrader. Do not save over the previous workplace. Please add the custom indicator one by one and seeing if the behavior returns.

If it does, then that custom indicator may be what is causing this workspace and system to not performing correctly.

If you need more assistance, please reach out to us again.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulG View Post
          Please start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.
          Does NT7 have a Safe Mode?
          I mean, it's not documented ...

Comment

Hello bltdavid,

My apologizes, I left the NinjaTrader 8 directions.

The directions for NinjaTrader 7 are below.
            • Shut down NinjaTrader and, if preferred, save workspace.
            • From the Desktop, Use the command Windows key + E. This will open file explorer.
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
            • In the NinjaTrader 7 folder, Open the workspace folder, and rename the _Workspace to _Workspace_old. Please do not delete this file.
            • Reopen NinjaTrader 7.
            Please test the platform with a blank chart and no custom indicators. Add charts and recreate your Workspace. When you reach the number of charts is the same as in your workspace, please add the custom indicator one by one and seeing if the behavior returns.

If it does, then that custom indicator may be what is causing this workspace and system to not performing correctly.

If you need more assistance, please reach out to us again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes