Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick data display problem

Hello,

My ES chart on ticks (400t, 512t...) would not run properly. Grid is all messed up and even when I try to fix it and uninstall NT7 it is not working properly. The problem is only with my ES charts, NQ and other instruments work fine. The chart is displayed in the upper part of the monitor and it works fine on minute charts, so the problem is only on ticks. Do you know what could be the cause of this problem?

Hello jakolinko,

Thank you for writing in with these details today.

The first thing I'd try to do is make sure you have the "Auto Scale" feature set to True for your data series. You can do this by right clicking on your chart and then selecting "Data Series". From here make sure the "Auto Scale" setting is set to True.

In addition, you may want to check the properties of the other indicators and drawing objects and make sure that the "AutoScale" setting is turned off otherwise the chart will scale to these items and not the data series.

Furthermore, once you have verified that your chart is set to auto scale the data series, please press the "F" button at the top right-hand side of the chart window to "fill" the chart. Does the data appear as expected when you do this?

Additionally, if you click and drag on the price panel, you can increase or decrease the chart vertical scale.

Here is a link to our help guide that goes over navigating and editing through your charts: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_a_chart.htm

Please let us know if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries or questions.

Comment

Hello,

The problem is still here even if I do the steps you recommended. Auto Scale is set to true in Data Series and in all Indicators. When I press "F" when I manually move my grids, the problem is still here, charts look like screenshots from the post.

Comment

Hello jakolinko,

Thank you for your additional post.

I notice you write that the indicators have Auto Scale set for True. I previously instructed to check and ensure the Auto Scale feature is turned off, to do this set the value to 'False' for the indicators and drawing objects in your chart. With the Auto Scale setting set to true for your indicators and drawing objects, it would make your chart scale so that those items are being scaled in as well, I believe this could be causing the bars to appear the way they do.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

The problem is still here, while when I change the chart to NQ, everything is normal, problem appears only when I open ES.

Comment

Hello jakolinko,

Thank you for your additional post. I am sorry to hear that did not resolve the behavior.

My final suggestion would be to try to adjust the horizontal bar scaling by clicking and hold the left mouse button below the time axis and drag the mouse. Do the bars size regulate when you adjust this way?

If you are still having difficulties with adjusting and changing the bars for this chart, I would recommend writing an email to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot com) explaining this behavior for further assistance with this inquiry. This way we can take a closer look at other files and settings that could be possibly contributing to this behavior on your chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH