QG Chart issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QG Chart issue

Whenever I place an order on QG, my chart shows the entry incorrectly therefore messing up the chart so I cannot see the trade bars for tracking the trade. For example, I sold the Sept 06 QG today at 7.005. I had a template set up for 13 ticks stop and 2 targets of 13 and 30 ticks respectively. The order filled fine and shows up on IB TWS fine but on the chart it shows a fill line of 3.500 and a negative profit of -3.505 at order entry. This makes the bars tiny.

Any idea whats going on?

Ken

imported post

Hi Ken,

Try closing and reopening the chart while the orders are still working to see if the prices update. Also, try expanding the chart and check if the prices stretch the order display. Please reply with status.

Comment

imported post

No change at all Byron...The real problem is the entry price showing as half the real price of entry. This has happened every time now... Do you think there is an error in the instrument setup??

Ken

Byron wrote:
      Hi Ken,

Try closing and reopening the chart while the orders are still working to see if the prices update. Also, try expanding the chart and check if the prices stretch the order display. Please reply with status.

Comment

imported post

Not for certain, but repairing the database might resolve (Tools\Options\Misc\Repair DB), then log back in NT and see if the correct pricing is reflected. I will look for your reply.

Comment

imported post

i wont be able to tell until the next time I place a QG order.. I have already closed this one out..the strange part is that I cannot close out an open QG order either..the orders leave IB TWS but i am still in the trade...not a good situation...I have to manually buy or sell to close out my position.

I did the DB repair.

Comment

imported post

Please let me know upon next order entry. Not being able to close the open position is most likely related.

Comment

imported post

Byron,I tried the Qg again this morning. First with sim acct...no problems..trade entered fine...chart updated,..showed correct entry etc..closed out trade...no issues...then did it for real..exact same problem again...very frustrating

Ken

Comment

imported post

Even when I place an order without any strategies or templates, it still does the same thing...Ken

Comment

imported post

Try going to Tools\Options\Simulator and Reset your Sim account(clear History). Then, go to windows explorer C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader5\db\NinjaTrader.mdb and rename the folder. Exit and restart NinjaTrader after doing so and test again. You will lose any strategies you have saved by deleting the file, but it will create a fresh instrument list upon relaunch, which may be causing the issue.

Comment

imported post

Try going to Tools\Options\Simulator and Reset your Sim account(clear History). Then, go to windows explorer C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader5\db\NinjaTrader.mdb and rename the folder. Exit and restart NinjaTrader after doing so and test again. You will lose any strategies you have saved by deleting the file, but it will create a fresh instrument list upon relaunch, which may be causing the issue.

Comment

imported post

Ok, I'll try that after I am finished trading today. What does clearing the sim account do? it worked fine on sim.

So I will lose all my templates for the DOM?

Ken

Comment

imported post

Yes, you will lose the templates. Maybe you can take screenshots of the strategy parameters pane of SuperDOM and transcribe the values. There are some shared files thatbecome cleared by resetting theSim history.

Comment

imported post

ok, Hope the QG reloads. I had to load it in manually originally because it was not in my DB...Thats why I keep wondering if there is not something wrong with it

Comment

imported post

In that case, you may want to consider removing the entire DB folder if you don't mind recreating acct connection, strategies.

Comment

imported post

Byron, I tried one more thing before wiping out the DB and my strategies. I changed the point value from 5000 to 2500, per the IB website contract details. That actually fixed the chart and DOM entry display price issue.

However, now when I try to close out my position, I get an error message saying my account is not authorized to make this trade. Makes no sense since I can get into the trade and can exit by selling one manually.

Any thoughts? Ken

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes