Candle Sticks not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle Sticks not showing

I'm in demo mode using ES 06-20. I using the 1 minute time frame. I did an order at 3:13 pm and closed it at 3:18. The problem the I have is the candle sticks stopped showing up after 3:15 pm. That is why I closed the trade. I've attached a screen shot. I've also included a screenshot of the log. I got disconnected at 3:21 pm and then I manual disconnected and manually connected at 3:25 pm. Why did my candles disappear between 3:15 and 3:18 pm?
    Attached Files

There is a trading break from 3:15PM to 3:30PM US CT for most US futures. This is why not candles appear - there is no trading for 15 minutes.

Here is a publicly available link to the CMEGroup website where you can learn more about the ES' trading hours:If you want to be certain that your chart is not restricting the data on your charts, I'd also suggest changing your session template to 'Default 24/7':
    • Right-click on your chart > Data series
    • Find 'Trading hours', click on the drop down list, select 'Default 24/7' > OK

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      If you want to be certain that your chart is not restricting the data on your charts, I'd also suggest changing your session template to 'Default 24/7':

Right-click on your chart > Data series
      Find 'Trading hours', click on the drop down list, select 'Default 24/7' > OK
      I interpret this as bad advice.

How is the default session template 'restricting' data?

Comment

bltdavid , I don't know for certain what session template this person is using nor do I know the time zone the person is in so I provided the two most likely causes/solutions to their symptom.

By default, I would not expect the template to restrict the data, but if the person had selected the CME US Index Futures RTH template then it would make sense that the data would cut off at 3:15PM CT and not begin again until the next morning.

jrobin747 , if one of the solutions I gave solved or explained the symptom, could you let us know which one it was? If the symptom is solved/explained by neither, I'd like to know that as well so we can troubleshoot further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          By default, I would not expect the template to restrict the data, but if the person had selected the CME US Index Futures RTH template then it would make sense that the data would cut off at 3:15PM CT and not begin again until the next morning.
          RTH?

Yep, agreed there. But seems to me the correct response for that kind of speculation
          is to say please switch to "<Use instrument settings>" -- which should pull in the default
          session template. I'm just surprised that your goto was the "Default 24/7", which is only
          really useful in certain situations. That's why I feel confused.

I mean, I don't understand the rationale, it just seems like the better suggestion should
          have been to confirm they are using the default session template.

Why? It gives them the full cycle of all exchange trade hours for that instrument, but the
          default session template also defines the correct 'break' period for the overnight session

The "Default 24/7" template creates an artificial 'break' at midnight, which is a total lie
          and a complete fabrication. Useful, but still a lie, esp since we know it is ES.

[I know I may be overly technical and a bit nit-picky, but does my confusion make sense?
          I mean, I thought I was good at this NinjaTrader stuff , so I think you're wrong to make
          that suggestion, but then again, maybe I'm about to learn something new. Either way, I
          think my challenge is justified, and as always, I appreciate opportunities to learn more.]

Comment

bltdavid, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses