Backtesting only first 7 days !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtesting only first 7 days !?

I imported historical data in NT tick format for ES ##-## (on the fly converted to minute bars) from 01 jan 07 to 30 Sept 08.
    I started backtesting a strategy but it always stops after the first 9 days of january 2007 even if i set correct start and stop dates.

Why?

Thx

Please ensure your data has been imported correctly. Bring up a chart and see if you can pull up the full data set. Check your Control Center for any errors. Try expanding your Start/End dates to an arbitrarily greater period than the one you are trying to backtest on.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can't make a cart go back more than 15 days.....
      Do i need to change options to load more days? Does it slow down other charts indicator trace?

Comment

On your chart, press Ctrl + F to bring up the Format Data Series dialogue window. From there you can tell it to load more days back.

More days means more data which will inevitably have an impact on overall performance. Depending on how many more data points are added onto the chart and how many indicator/strategy calculations are ran against those data points it can be a negligible difference, but has the potential of having some adverse performance hits.

Comment

Ok, all days are correctly loaded.... (i set 1440 minute per bar so 1 bar = 1 day)
          So, any idea?

Comment

Are you backtesting on 1440 min bars? Have you tried expanding the time period as I suggested? Try on a different instrument. Look for any errors in Control Center. If it doesn't load data on your backtesting chart it means you just don't have enough data. Load more data into your database and you will have more to backtest on.

Comment

I tried also 60 minute bars, the ##-## chart is correctly displayed, but the strategy simulator stops after 9 days....

Comment

skynetman,

To clarify, what is the start and end dates you select and what are the start and end dates it actually does?

You most likely just need more data. Here is the list of supported data providers: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData. You may also have some success with Tools->Historical Data->Reload.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post terofs
                by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
                1 response