Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Login failed: Can't find TWS executable at 'C:\jts\960\tws.exe'. Unable to start TWS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Manfred
    replied
    Hello MIKEALV1975,

Based on the attached screenshots, it looks like the platform does not communicate with the TWS correctly.

This is often caused by incorrect settings in either platform or a version that is not compatible.

To assist you without delay we'd like to take a closer look at that to see what might be causing this.

Could you please email us at platformsupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com with a good phone number to reach you at and a time that would work for you?

Our regular support hours are 8:30 am to 6 pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Thank you in advance!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Heath
    replied
    Hello MIKEALV1975,

Thank you for your reply.

However please do not include attachments in the forum as these may contain personal information and are publicly accessible, if you need to send us files please email platformsupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com and include a link to this support thread in your email.

Leave a comment:

• MIKEALV1975
    replied
    Problems of interaction with Interactive Brokers BookTrader with your Graphs

The problem is that. I can´t trade TWS with Ninja Trader, because when I place an order in the bookTrader of TWS, the moment I sent it, it makes the Price graph of the underlying asset in Ninja Trader disappear (please see the sequence in the document I´ve attached you below, where you can see the problem I have).

This has never happened to me before. My platform for Graphs is NT and since the datafeed provider for it is IB in my case, I´m blocked. I reset everytime the data at NT and re-start all over again, but the same issue is happening all the time... I tried with the option of restoring an older session of TWS, but nothing Works, everytime i place an order the Price graph, "dissapears" in NT. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Michael.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Heath; 06-03-2020, 10:43 AM. Reason: Please do not include account information in the forums

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Manfred
    replied
    Hello MIKEALV1975,

NinjaTrader 7 won't be able to connect to TWS unless the compatible version (973.2) is installed in its default directly.

While NinjaTrader 8 is more flexible and lets you select the folder the TWS or IB Gateway is installed in, NinjaTrader 7 requires the default folder to be found.

Please install the 973.2 version from our Connection Guide below. This version can be installed additionally and does not overwrite the newer standalone TWS version.

Should you experience any issues or have further questions please let me know!

Leave a comment:

• Login failed: Can't find TWS executable at 'C:\jts\960\tws.exe'. Unable to start TWS.

Hi there,

I had to completly re-install TWS over this morning because i had some issues there with the new version. According to the TWS support team this meant transfering everything (renaming) within C:\jts\ to C:\jts.1\ . I got TWS up and running without a problem, however this morning when I try to connect to TWS via NT 7 received the error message:

Login failed: Can't find TWS executable at 'C:\jts\960\tws.exe'. Unable to start TWS.

I suppose it has to do with the change of the folder that the guys of TWS suggest me to do Jts>>Jts1 (actually i still have both of them in my C:\) Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Thanks,
    Michael.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
2 responses
0 likes