Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The '...Indicator Name..." does not exist in the current context - CS0103

Hi All
    After a Windows update installed my NT7 platform suddenly cannot compile any indicator or strategy, even newly created blank indicators. All giving the error code above. I have tried reinstalling .Net framework and NT7 itself to no avail. Any pointers how I can try troubleshooting this, please?

Which version of Windows?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

When you compile all scripts are compiled together for performance, this is normal and expected. so if one script has an error, you will not be able to compile until all scripts are valid.

Regarding the errors you are getting, it seems that the platform can not find the files listed. Can you check that they exist on the file system by opening the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators

Look specifically for the files listed in the error with an @ at the begging or @ADL

If they do not exist, likely you could exit the platform and do a re install and select Repair during the re install to place these files back.

Can you check this and let me know if they exist or not before we continue?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco

Thank you so much for the speedy response. It seems something did indeed corrupt my files. Normal uninstall and reinstall did not work. Restore form an older NT7 backup restored all files except the scripts. I manually deleted all of the custom scripts without the @ prefix, restart machine and NT7. Came up cleanly. Am able to work on NT7 as intended and I will have to rebuild one or two of the scripts from scratch. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH