Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Old Indicator

Good Morning,
    I have an indicator in a backup file that I need to get into my current library. At some point I reinstalled NT. I have located the indicator in a backup of the directory I made. What files do I need (.cs file?) and how would I get it re-installed in my current indicator library. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks so much,
    Mark Lewis

Hello Marklhc1988,

Thank you for the post.

Very likely you just need the .cs file, but I could be wrong as I don't know the scope of what you are trying to import.

Where is the file located in your backup? If this is in the bin/custom/indicator folder, you can most likely just copy the .cs file to the same location in your current user folder. You will need to compile to check for errors, as long as it didn't need anything else it should just work.

You can compile by clicking tools -> edit ninjascript -> indicator -> ADL and open it. Then Right click -> Compile from the script.

If the file is in the bin/custom folder and has other .dll files with the same name, there are different steps for that route. I will detail the steps for this if needed but to summarize you copy the .cs file and also reference the dll using the NinjaScript editor.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was looking for this post (Importing Old Indicator) so long but didn’t find this solution, now I have finally found this solution, thanks for this awesome post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post cre8able  
      Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post manitshah915