cannot download replay data ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot download replay data ?

Just downloaded ninjatrader 7 and I cannot download replay data as it just says it is not available ?
    I need Forex Pairs EURUSD etc

I am connecting to FXCM

Any Ideas ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by fredfred; 09-30-2018, 04:41 PM.

Hello fredfred,

$EURUSD is available for download with Market Replay up to 90 days back.

Have you added the $ before the symbol?

What date specifically are you trying to download?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea

Yes I have the $ symbol before $EURUSD

I cant download any date as it says its unavailable ?

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Thanks for checking this.

I've looked through our internal updates and found as of 05/12/18 forex market replay data is no longer available for download in NinjaTrader 7. This is due to the G2 migration. The provider we recorded live data from is no longer available.

Replay data is still available for forex with NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

I am more familiar with ninjatrader8, I needed to test some software with it, and there is the Market replay and historical data.

Is there the option in Ninjatrader7 to run historical data on replay ? or has Forex been shut down with replay on Ninjatrader 7

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Unfortunately, no. NinjaTrader 7 cannot use historical tick data for market replay playback.

Comment

I am surprised that Ninjatrader 7 has withdrawn backtesting capability for Forex traders by making the forex playback data now unavailable?

Using Playback is an important feature when constructing Strategies and now you have to use Ninjatrader 8 for this. Your Ninjatrader 7 strategies in Forex are now useless.

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Unfortunately, this was not a change made by NinjaTrader but was a change from the data provider.

This is due to the G2 migration. The provider we recorded live data from is no longer available.

Comment

Is there anywhere I can get replay data for back testing forex with ninjatrader 7.
                  What do we do if there isn't any available ? does it mean no back testing forex pairs ?
                  Unfortunately some of my software will not run on NT 8

Comment

I guess that as there is no reply, there is no more options for backtesting forex with ninjatrader 7.

I got the reply from you that Ninjatrader cannot supply anymore, my question was what do we do then if we have a commitment to NT7 ?

Comment

Apologies for the delay - our new forum system sometimes isn't alerting us of replies to posts.

Unfortunately I am not aware of any work-around other than beginning to record real-time data for use with Market Replay. To enable this option, go to Tools > Options > Data tab > Enable 'Record for market replay' > OK.

Now data will be recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II (market depth) data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving data for the instrument. The Market Analyzer window is the recommended recording window as multiple instruments can be added to one Market Analyzer window and all recorded at the same time.

Comment

Thank you Patrick for the answer but it not really going to help in practice as I will have to wait 6 months to do 6 months back testing?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no ideal solution for you other than moving to NinjaTrader 8 which you've stated is not feasible.

Comment

I am in fact using NT8 but cant use it for this particular software I want to test.

Is there no third party source to buy from ? just the main forex pairs for 2 years.?

Comment

Hello fredfred,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Patrick G.

At this time, there are not any forex brokers available to US clients that would support order routing from NinjaTrader 7. There are some providers that can provide forex data into NinjaTrader 7, but the data could only be used for charting and backtesting. If you reside in the US, then it would not be possible to execute live forex trades from NinjaTrader 7.

For example, Kinetick can provide real-time forex data on a monthly subscription basis. You can use the forex data from Kinetick for charting and backtesting within NinjaTrader 7, but it would still not be possible to execute live forex trades from NinjaTrader 7. You can subscribe to Kinetick at the link below:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Edit: The historical data from Kinetick can be used to run backtests with the Strategy Wizard but cannot be used for the Market Replay connection. I am not aware of any providers that would offer Market Replay data for forex to use within NinjaTrader 7.
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD; 10-18-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle
                              by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes