Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Free real-time error in demo of NinjaTrader (CQG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot reproduce the missing 5 minute data for FESX 03-16 on March 16th 2016. This means that the data is present on our servers, we just need to find out why it isn't displaying on your charts. Please check the literal data to see if the data is present or not:
    • Control Center > Tools > Historical Data Manager... > Edit
    • Expand 'FESX 03-16' > Last > Minute > 3/16/2016 (your date format may be different)
    • Scroll to the bottom of the available data. What is the first line item time stamped as?

Comment

Originally posted by BernieTGN View Post

Hello Patrick,

Periods of a minute o two (even three or four minutes) without trades don't cause an "empty" five minute bar. I am working all the time with M5 bars, so that can't be the reason for days I miss one o two bars. Period without trades should be longer (at least five minutes) and I think it is complicated to find something like that for the FESX. May be I'm wrong.

There are longer periods without data, as you migh see on 16/03/2016 (non holiday). My first M5 bar in the chart (FESX) is at 09:25AM, when the session begins at 8:00 AM.

Anyway, I don't want to struggle with this. That sounds strange for me, but it is not my bussines if historical data server for NinjaTrader 7 is good o not. If I have any doubt with the data for some product I will check with other data resource.

Thanks,

Hello PatrickG,

Sorry, I made a click mistake. It was, 16/03/2018, not 2016.

I have followed your instructions for this date. I have realized 16/03/2018 was the third friday of march (futures maturity). Could it be related to that? As you can see in the two attached screeshots, I have found data for 16/03/2018 in FESX 06-18 (not FESX 03-18) and my first bar for that day is at 9:21 AM. FESX 06-18 data begins on 12/03/2018, so I am not sure if it is related to the futures maturity. What do you think?

Thanks,

Comment

It looks like this particular date the EUREX had a late opening:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          It looks like this particular date the EUREX had a late opening:

http://www.eurexchange.com/exchange-...elayed/3348824
          Great!

That's the reason. Thank you very much for the link and your attention.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin