• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Frame 3.5 for NT7

Hello,
    Where can I find Net Frame 3.5 for NT7?

Hi 2wealth, thanks for your question.

It sounds like you want to install the .NET framework 3.5. That should be an option for install in the windows features.

In the start menu, type "window features" and select the option that says "Turn Windows features on or off". In that window you should see a checkbox for ".NET Framework 3.5" If this option is already checked, you already have it installed.

Is NinjaTrader 7 unable to launch because of this?

I look forward to hearing of your results.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply, Chris
      I did turn it on, but I got two error messages: https://www.screencast.com/t/NtotOWcaBK and https://www.screencast.com/t/V1rknaqJAly after I NT7 64 bit. What should I do now?

Comment

Hi 2wealth, thanks for your reply.

The related issues I am finding suggest your Documents folder is on a network drive, like OneDrive or some kind of backup service. If you have OneDrive installed on your Computer and do not use it, uninstall it from the Windows Control Panel.

The problem could also be coming from an antivirus software you have installed. Add an exception for NinjaTrader in the antivirus settings if you have antivirus installed.

Please also try renaming your database:

You can rename your database by following the steps below.
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
        • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf."
        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
        • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
        I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

I don't have Onedrive installed in my computer. Here is screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/s0lnniWrs1
          I don't see Ninja Trader.sdf. See screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/Gw9CwqbvwXCq Where is it?

Comment

Here are the steps you should take to repair NinjaTrader:

1. Restart your PC, then uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel.

2. Download and run the latest NinjaTrader 7 installer here:
            NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

If NinjaTrader does not start after this, then install this required package called SQL, a tool required for NinjaTrader 7 to run:

If needed, follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC.
            • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
            • Add and remove software/programs
            • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
            • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
            • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract another extractor file to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop.
            • It will then extract another package file that you will neeed to also run to extract the 32-bit and 64-bit installation files.
            • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
            • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
            • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
            • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
            • Once installed you will need to restart your PC

Comment

I think I can use only NT7; not the NT7(64-bit) which causes the same errors as before. When I run the NT7, I got this pop-up, https://www.screencast.com/t/TpyJ1rKfW. It is working fine after that. Here is a screen shot: https://www.screencast.com/t/F1xrSOVhh8

Thanks for your help, Chris

Comment

This might be caused by not installing the 64 bit version of the above-mentioned SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi, you did complete that part of the steps right? Also, try uninstalling/reinstalling again. After you uninstall go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the NinjaTrader 7 folder if it still exists. After you delete that folder (if it exists) reinstall again.

Could you also confirm you have a 64 bit windows installation from Control Panel>System and security> System

Do you now have a NinjaTrader.sdf file in your db folder?

Comment

I deleted it and reinstall it. I downloaded and extracted it. There is only one application file, SSCERuntime--Enu; not SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi or SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi. Is that right? I checked my system and it says, 64 bit. I don't have NinjaTrader.sdf file in db folder.

Comment

After the one filr is extracted, run SSCERuntime-ENU, this will extract the two needed msi installers. Run SSCERuntime-ENU then select a place to extract them to. Once they are both extracted run the 32 bit installer then the 64 bit installer.

After this, test NinjaTrader 64 bit again.

Comment

Then Chris, where is a good place to extract SSCERuntime-ENU application file?

Comment

Hi 2wealth, I extracted everything to my desktop. When I tried extracting directly to C: it caused a permissions error.

Comment

Thanks. Chris for your help. Now I can run NT7 in windows 10 (64 bit) with no error messages.

Comment

Hi Chris, After a windows update, it is no longer working. It shows this error message, "This application could not be started". If I click "yes", it'll pop up the same message. Then if I click "yes" again, it disappears and does nothing. I reinstalled the SSCERuntime_x86-ENU and SSCERuntime_x64-ENU. Somehow, it still does not start. Note: Only NinjaTrader7 (64-bit) has this problem.

Comment

In your posting here, I see you're getting a 'Cannot open shared memory region' error.

Looking at this link, it suggests to me that your Documents folder is located
                              on some kind of shared network folder, which (see link) is not supported.

This is a known limitation of SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2, which is what NT7
                              uses for its 'NinjaTrader.sdf' database file.

It appears the solution is to move your User account (or, at least your Documents
                              folder) to real physical hard drive space on your C:\ drive.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fwendolynlpxz, Today, 05:19 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post fwendolynlpxz  
                              Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 12:06 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby